Landscape, Sunrise, Sunset Photos

Started by rideandfly, June 19, 2015, 10:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rideandfly

Enjoy taking landscape, sunrise, and sunset photos.
Please post your shots!

Anna Maria Island Florida Sunset:

Bill

PEIslander

Here's a sunset pic taken with my phone last evening. It is the view from my home. We get sunsets like that almost every day. (The sunrises here are just as nice).

The pic shows a waterfront building lot for sale across the street. I think it is about 1.5 acres in size. It would be great to have two Camplites in the neighborhood - hint, hint.

"Beer is proof that God loves us" - Ben Franklin

rideandfly

Beautiful!!  Love the purple & yellow colors!!!!!!
Bill

rideandfly

Bill

PEIslander

Here's a pic of Cavendish Beach In Prince Edward Island National Park (Canada).
All along the North shore of PEI there are beaches like this. It is possible to find miles of beaches here where you are the only ones there. This pic was taken in the summer -- this particular beach can get a busier than this but is never crowded by any conventional standards.

PEIslander

This is the fjord in Gros Morne National Park in Newfoundland, Canada. This park also has the special designation of being named a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The fjord is a very special place --- the pic was taken from the tour boat that takes visitors up the long freshwater lake (Western Brook Pond) at the bottom of the fjord. As you can see it was a rainy day we were there but still pretty spectacular. The tour boat is the only boat allowed in the lake and it was specially designed to avoid polluting the lake. Fishing is prohibited too. The lake water is among the purest water ever measured in a natural lake -- basically medical grade. Hydrologists classify it as ultraoligotrophic which is an exceedingly rare classification. The water is very low in nutrients because its catchment is granite with very low amounts of soil.  Perhaps of greater interest is that Newfoundland has a caribou herd of about 30,000 animals and every winter there is a mini-migration where the caribou climb down one side of the fjord and then up the other side! The granite walls are 2000-feet high. Near the end of the lake you see  Pissing Mare Falls -- a 1,150 foot waterfall. In a word - Gros Morne Park is "Incredible". Camping in the park in our small but mighty Camplite trailer was pretty incredible too.

Paul

wow thank you for sharing the picture and history!
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

rideandfly

Beautiful Shots!

Would like to camp close to Gros Morne National Park in Newfoundland during 2016!

Yellowstone NP:

Bill

PEIslander

Bill - all your pics are great. All beautiful places you now have me wanting to experience.

This one was taken at Five Islands Provincial Park in beautiful Nova Scotia. The park is on the Bay of Fundy, home of the highest tides in the world. The pic shows low tide where the tide goes out so far I doubt you could walk to the water's edge. Where I took the pic the tidal range is almost 50-feet. At high tide the five islands are surrounded by water and are miles offshore. At low tide they are high & dry! You need to be there to really get a grasp on just how much water flows in and out of the Bay of Fundy. The area in the pic is just one little part of the overall Bay of Fundy. I just looked up some facts: In one tide cycle 160 billion tonnes of water flows in & out of the Bay of Fundy. That is more than the combined flow of all the freshwater rivers in the world! The time between a high tide and a low tide is, on average, 6 hours and 13 minutes. As such, you can reasonably expect to see at least one high and one low tide during daylight hours.

rideandfly

Should have said we want to camp in New Brunswick area during 2016. Will not make it north to Newfoundland, but it's beautiful! May be able to make it to Nova Scotia!

Grand Tetons:

Bill

WWBushhog

Because of the 'Subject", we share a couple of photos taken with our our cheap phone camera!  R&F and PEI, it's hard to compete with your shots.  They are amazing.  But here goes....

Flying kites over the Atlantic of Central Florida
(folks in pic are unknown tourists)

WWBushhog

Sunrise over the Atlantic (1st pic)

Waking up to the Atlantic; a view from the rear of our Axxess toyhauler.  (One of us is hiding!  :-*)

rideandfly

Like the Kites shot!  Neat shots of a great places to camp taken out of the back door of the Axxess, too!

Here's another Grand Tetons shot:

Bill

djsamuel

Sunset at Trailer Village; Grand Canyon National Park

rideandfly

Bill