Truma Comfort on demand water heater

Started by funpilot, July 09, 2015, 12:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funpilot

Thought I would post this topic here as it is not dependent on what trailer you have.  I had installed this water heater into my Trailmanor and I can report it fully lives up to its promises.  I get hot water almost instantly, clearly use less propane, and I have hot water for as long as I have water and propane.  So, at a full hookup campground, 20 minute showers are easy to do.  I can report that it works fine under low flow and low pressure situations, a common complaint of other brands.  Only issue is that they are expensive.  Mine cost $1199 for the heater, $60 for the cover (you select which one you want), and around $300 for installation.  The dealer who did the work bought my hardly used 6 gallon Suburban for $200.00.  From what I have read, most installations cost between $200 - $250.  My Trailmanor had some unique issues that took more time, so that is why I paid more. 

Just remember, these on demand water heaters run only off of propane. The Truma fits where ever a standard 6 gallon or 10 gallon hot water heater went before.

Here is a pic of my folded up Trailmanor.

Paul

Wow nice! I saw a trailmanor the other day at Wal Mart campground and when I saw it I was like Ohh the same as Funpilot cool!  But yours is way more nice, they had a older unit and it was white yours look great! I would be curious to see the interior of it if you don't mind posting more picture! Thank you for sharing
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

funpilot

We are decorating the inside right now.  Once that is done I will post pics. 

PEIslander

The on-demand water heater sounds like a great upgrade.

With the Trailmanor do you get a lot of jokes about short people?
"Beer is proof that God loves us" - Ben Franklin

funpilot

Quote from: PEIslander on July 19, 2015, 09:05:04 AM
The on-demand water heater sounds like a great upgrade.

With the Trailmanor do you get a lot of jokes about short people?

LOL ... more likely to get questions like...how hard is it to set up when it is raining ....  You just get wet.