Lake Rosalie Camp, Lake Wales, Florida

Started by leslie, March 26, 2017, 11:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leslie

We love Lake Wales Florida. Bok Gardens with its Singing Tower, a carillon tower, Lake Wales for walking and picnicking (no swimming, because people aren't allowed to feed the alligators  ;D ), a shaded, good-size public dog park, and one of our favorite places to camp, Lake Rosalie Camp. It is off of Hwy 60 west of Lake Wales, a county-owned and run campground right on the lake. The hookups are electric and water, but it has a dumpsite on the premises, it is quiet, $26 per night, maximum 14-night stay per month. There is a clean bathhouse. Many campsites have views of the lake. We love it.

Lake Rosalie Camp does not take reservations - first come, first served. Pick your spot and then go to the campground manager. If he or she isn't there, just enjoy yourself. The manager will make the rounds and register you on the spot. Most of the times we have stayed there, most of the campsites were empty. There is a public fishing dock that opens at dawn, but the fishermen have never bothered us or waked us up.

Head east on Hwy 60 toward Bartow and there is a Camping World, where we usually go to stock up on TP and free popcorn. Also dog treats. Can't forget the dog treats. Our beagle, Daisy, plants herself in front of the front desk because she knows there are dog biscuits waiting for every dog that comes in the door.  She acts so cute she usually gets a few extra biscuits from the staff. They are suckers for cute.

Paul

Look like a nice place to visit! Thanks for the report! Can't wait for the season to start here! My seasonal campground opens May 15th but my wife is due on May 17th so I will probably start the season late this year! I get my trailer out of storage during the last weekend of April. I will probably park it in my driveway for a while!
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS