Weigh Safe Hitches and the need for WD and Anti Sway Control.

Started by MikeT, July 10, 2018, 02:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeT

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with the weigh safe brand of trailer hitches?  Also, after looking at their website, it doesn't appear that there is a place for a WD system or antisway bar hookup.  Now this could be supplied by a different hookup but it did make me wonder if it is even necessary when the hitch weight is in the 10-15% range.

Cheers

Mike

Merlin

I don't think anyone on the forum has a Weigh Safe ball mount. Those of us who have scales use the Sherline. I'm not sure why a continuous readout of the tongue weight would be useful? But, I'm a big believer in knowing your camper's actual (as opposed to advertised) weights. And, of course, the Weigh Safe ball would not work with an Andersen WD hitch.
Michigan

MikeT

Thanks Merlin,
I'm sourcing a Sherline this morning to see if I can find one up here in the Great White North.  Of course, I leave on Thursday so its always last minute stuff for me.  I agree with you and  weigh my vehicle before every trip as there is a self serve scale at the US/CAN border.  I guess I can deduce an approximate tongue weight at the scales as well.  I do still wonder if a WD hitch is necessary especially with the LivinLite trailers.  I guess it all stems from the weight of the hitch, WD equipment and potential to put too much stress on the frame, hence I started looking around and saw the weigh safe system.
Cheers
Mike