Orange step light won’t turn off

Started by Sarah, September 02, 2020, 01:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

I have a 2018 Camplite 21BHS, There is a small orange light under the stairs that somehow came on and we can't figure out how to turn it off... It is draining the battery, we checked in the owners manual and can't find anything about it. Any suggestions?

Merlin

Did you purchase it pre-owner?  I ask because I've not seen a light in that location in any Camplite from the factory. I wonder if someone added it?  I hope there is an off switch somewhere!
Michigan

planemaker

On my 2018 14DBS there is a light switch in the baggage compartment.  On mine it is on the right side.
Paul, Susan and our dogs, Sandy and Brody

"I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the skies on laughter silvered wings"
From the poem High Flight by Pilot Officer Gillespie Magee, 412 Squadron, RCAF

Merlin

Cool. Must be a feature added in '18. Under the steps would be a nice spot to have a light.
Michigan

ADR

Quote from: Merlin on September 04, 2020, 08:13:10 PM
Cool. Must be a feature added in '18. Under the steps would be a nice spot to have a light.

It is a nice spot for a light....
The mystery is why did they put the switch in the front pass through compartment?
Seems like inside near the door would make more sense.  Sort of like - oh I don't know-  just about every home's porch light ;D

planemaker

Quote from: ADR on September 07, 2020, 08:40:35 PM
Quote from: Merlin on September 04, 2020, 08:13:10 PM

It is a nice spot for a light....
The mystery is why did they put the switch in the front pass through compartment?
Seems like inside near the door would make more sense.  Sort of like - oh I don't know-  just about every home's porch light ;D

It took us by surprise too!  It was forgotten in the 1,000's of things you tried to remember when we bought the trailer.  I bumped into it when I was getting something out of the storage compartment. 
Paul, Susan and our dogs, Sandy and Brody

"I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the skies on laughter silvered wings"
From the poem High Flight by Pilot Officer Gillespie Magee, 412 Squadron, RCAF

Jackson

Speaking of orange lights, does anybody have a solution how to convert the white LED exterior entry light to a yellow/orange bug light?

Merlin

Quote from: Jackson on October 03, 2020, 11:26:11 AM
Speaking of orange lights, does anybody have a solution how to convert the white LED exterior entry light to a yellow/orange bug light?

It's not a difficult wiring or installation job to do a full replacement. Depending on what light you have, it's extremely likely you can find a replacement with a bug lens at either campingworld.com or rvupgradestore.com. Most of them are very common size lights. You'll just need some sealer to tighten things back up. On my 16TBS with the light right at the door, it makes a big difference to have a yellow lens.
Michigan

mojospeople

I had replaced our porch light with an amber lens of the same model. I bought it from eTrailer but I don't see it on their website anymore. I did find this one from another retailer that I don't have any experience with.
http://www.ledtrailerlights.com/L17-0008-rv-porch-light-oval.htm

melonzoid

Hey Sarah, I have a step light also and for some strange reason CL hid the switch next to my battery disconnect in the front storage(pass through) area.  Hope this helps!
-Larry

Jackson

Quote from: mojospeople on October 08, 2020, 11:18:49 PM
I had replaced our porch light with an amber lens of the same model. I bought it from eTrailer but I don't see it on their website anymore. I did find this one from another retailer that I don't have any experience with.

Many thanks.  I will try eTrailer first and if not there gives these folks a call. Good catch, thanks again.

Merlin

Quote from: Jackson on October 10, 2020, 09:38:27 AM
Quote from: mojospeople on October 08, 2020, 11:18:49 PM

Many thanks.  I will try eTrailer first and if not there gives these folks a call. Good catch, thanks again.

Here is the same light on Amazon, if anyone else has this style.

https://www.amazon.com/Kaper-II-Style-Porch-L17-0008/dp/B085WGBX2Q/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=Euro+style+rv+porch+light&qid=1602356625&sr=8-5

Michigan