KOA Cherokee NC

Started by Hey Voss, August 29, 2017, 08:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey Voss

Recently took a trip to see the solar eclipse. Most campgrounds were full but I managed to find a spot at the KOA in Cherokee NC. I've never stayed at a KOA before and didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised to see all of the amenities that it had to offer. 2 pools, hot tubs, mini golf course, lots of oversized games, outdoor movie showings, river rafting trips, very clean and recently updated facilties. The campground is surrounded by the Great Smoky Mountains and 2 streams run through the property. The staff was very friendly and helpful. WiFi was pretty slow but then again I don't go camping to stare at a screen. Really my only complaint is that I couldn't stay longer. I would definitely recommend this campground for your next glamping adventure.
"Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt." - John Muir

Hey Voss

Hey Jim. All the sites seemed to be fairly equal in terms of space, however that having been said some are closer to the camp store and pool. Others are closer to the restrooms and showers. Some of the sites are near the stream. I guess it just depends on what you're looking for.
"Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt." - John Muir