Owners of 7X20 trailers

Started by ToolmanJohn, March 06, 2017, 08:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToolmanJohn

So I don't own one yet but I am looking at a 7X20 toy hauler, and intend to transport only one motorcycle and myself across the country. My current vehicle is enough for a 7X20, but no larger, and I don't want a  larger 25 foot box trailer either, storage would then become an issue.

I have not been able to get good answers from websites or sales. I want to know what owners do about sleeping and eating in the camper while travelling. I do NOT want to move the motorcycle in away way during the trip, so what version of sleeping arrangements and also what option for dinette would owners recommend? I can't even see a 7X20 optioned the way I want and I am being told that the folding dinette/bed cannot be ordered with a happijac as well because they interfere.. It was recommended I use a folding table and chairs for eating in the camper??? C'MON!! Seriously??

The happijac bed can be used as a bunk, I can drop it several inches over the motorcycle and use a step stool to get on board at night. Fine.

But what about a place to eat, write, laptop, read, have a coffee... Anyone have thoughts on this with the same problem?

billmoore

We have a 7x20 with the tip-out bunk, and I would say it is not really well suited to sleeping in while traveling. We have two smaller motorcycles (KLX250S and DR650SE) and the bikes pretty much take up all of the living space behind the fridge. They also make it very difficult to get to the tip-out bunk. Also they are kinda stinky - something you don't realize when they are in a big open garage, but you put them in a confined space with limited ventilation, and you will smell gas and grease. As soon as you roll the bikes out, the smell is gone, but I would not enjoy sleeping with them.
2014 LivinLite Bearcat BC7X20
2014 Ford F150 Supercab STX 4X4 5.0L