Fast easy meals

Started by leslie, February 04, 2017, 10:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leslie

If we have had a great day exploring someplace new, or had a travel day, and just want a good meal RIGHT NOW, we have tostadas.

For this we need a package of crispy flat tortilla or tostada shells, usually Ole brand, one can of refried beans (this is for 2 of us), a package of shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese, a plastic bag of shredded cabbage or shredded cole slaw mix (without dressing), guacamole - usually Yucatan brand, or Wholly Guacamole brand, and maybe some taco sauce - usually Ortega.

I throw all of this onto the table with plastic plates and forks with a spoon for the guac. While I heat up the refried beans, I pour some tequila for me and a beer for my husband. Then we just layer the ingredients into a tostadas shell in this order -  refried beans, cheese, guac, taco sauce, shredded cabbage. Within 5 minutes we are eating a yummy meal.

catmanriff

Mmm, yummy. Good idea

I'll do something similar, but at home...only yours is faster to the table.  Haven't tried this while camping.
Mine is Fritos taco salad:
Hamburger, taco mix(add water)
Shredded lettuce
Mexican cheese in a bag, pre-shredded.
Refried beans heated up
Guacamole(optional)
Mild salsa
Sour cream.

Put the chips on a plate and top with lettuce, cheese, guacamole, beans and sour cream. Lightly toss.

Yummy.

catmanriff

My wife and I will do Kraft mac & cheese with sliced hot dogs for a quick easy meal.  You have to boil water but it's fast once the water is ready. I'll add grated Parmesan cheese and a tiny splash of olive oil. Serve with a wedge of iceberg lettuce & dressing.