New battery for our QS10

Started by catmanriff, September 17, 2017, 01:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catmanriff

Since ours was stolen, we need to get one now. I was thinking(hoping) $100 might do the trick.

What do we need? We use the lights at night, the fans sometimes...that's it. Two to five day trips.

FastEddieB

Do you have a BatteriesPlus nearby?

I have found them knowledgeable and helpful when buying replacement batteries of all sorts.

Merlin

If you take FastEddieB's advice and head to a Batteries Plus, they have a good basic Duracell in the size 24 that fits your <$100 criteria. Unless you have upgraded, I think the Group size 24 fits in your factory battery tray. It sounds like you have minimal battery needs, so a basic one should do it?

https://www.batteriesplus.com/battery/marine-and-boat/deep-cycle/bci-group-24m/sli24mdc
Michigan

catmanriff

yes, I looked at Batteries plus. They're about 30 minutes away./

Thanks for the tip!

catmanriff

I found an Exide marine deep cycle 12v size 24 battery from Tractor Supply Co.

Now, since the thief cut my straps upon stealing the battery, I need to get something. I was doing extra zip ties and even a motorcycle strap in addition to the stock black strap.

Merlin

You can buy extremely heavy duty zip ties in the plumbing section of Home Depot. That would work and would require more than a knife to cut in case the thief stiles again.
Michigan

wcart3r

You can also wrap a length of chain around it and get a lock.

thudd3r

could make a pretty simple hold down bracket with 2 sections of angle iron and 2 sections of all thread.  mount it across the top of the  battery on top, all thread through the bottom of the battery box, add the second piece of angle under the frame.  tighten the nuts down on the all thread to secure the battery to the frame