Dometic water valve winterizing

Started by nolichuckyjake, November 17, 2017, 02:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlb53151

Makes perfect sense.  The guy I paid in the past to winterize never did the outside shower. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinstriper

Quote from: dlb53151 on October 28, 2019, 09:02:56 PM
Makes perfect sense.  The guy I paid in the past to winterize never did the outside shower. 

Yeah, my dealer skipped it as well, which I found out on the first trip the next year.

Thats why I do it myself now.

dlb53151

Last questions (hopefully).... 

If I follow those steps (including compressor blow out) is it ok if I don't pump antifreeze through the water pump? 

Also, I could not remove the water line that goes into the flush valve.  Way too tight.  I would think the compressed air would have sufficiently cleared that? 

Thanks!!!

Pinstriper

Quote from: dlb53151 on October 30, 2019, 12:05:30 AM
Last questions (hopefully).... 

If I follow those steps (including compressor blow out) is it ok if I don't pump antifreeze through the water pump? 

Also, I could not remove the water line that goes into the flush valve.  Way too tight.  I would think the compressed air would have sufficiently cleared that? 

Thanks!!!

Avoidance of putting antifreeze in my lines, or messing with connections, is the primary motivation for my approach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dlb53151

Sounds good to me - thanks.  I can see some water in the black tank that didn't drain out when emptying the tank so I will pour some antifreeze in there.

dlb53151

Can someone send a pic of what the water pump valves should look like in antifreeze Winterize mode?  It gets confusing with bypass etc.  Thanks.

nhlakes

Quote from: dlb53151 on October 16, 2020, 10:40:10 PM
Can someone send a pic of what the water pump valves should look like in antifreeze Winterize mode?  It gets confusing with bypass etc.  Thanks.

My 2016 21RBS came with water heater bypass valves, but not a winterization valve at the water pump.

If present, it'll look like the camco winterization valve posted earlier in this thread.  You could just post a pic of what you are looking at and we can help.

Merlin

Quote from: dlb53151 on October 16, 2020, 10:40:10 PM

If you are using antifreeze, after you drain the water from the system using the low point drains, putting the water heater in the bypass mode keeps you from needing an extra 6 gallons of antifreeze just to fill the water heater! Here is a site with a description of the process, including a photo of a water heater (like we have) with the 3 valves in bypass mode.

https://www.glampitupinfo.com/rv-winterizing-basics-for-newbies/
Michigan