2021 Season

Started by Merlin, February 25, 2021, 09:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin

My wife and I are really looking forward to the upcoming camping season. We are going to stick to our state this year and spend some time getting to know our wonderful Michigan state park system better. We are in the planning stage for 5 separate trips, starting this May and going through October. It's almost 650 miles from one end of the state to the other, so we won't lack for putting miles on the camper! The May trips are already reserved; we did that last November. The state park system has a 6 month rolling window for reservations, so we are now planning the August-September trip. Each day I get on the reservation site at 8:00A to get the best site choice for 6 months from that day. Things are filling up fast! We are planning one night at at city campground that takes early reservations and just today I got the last site available for September 2! I think it's going to be a very busy year in the campgrounds. I suspect my favorite trip will the October fall color trip along the Lake Michigan side of the state. For the summer, we'll end up camping at many state parks new to us and for some of them we'll be there several nights to get to know the area. Just a few weeks before we get out the camper for a check-over!

Michigan

Chappy133

Merlin, I retire on 30 June this year. We are traveling West starting in August with reservations at Yellowstone on 16 August.  Visiting old friends in Eastern Washington then down the Pacific coast, Yosemite, Grand Canyon while working our way back East.  I need to lock in dates but also be using Harvest Host for one night stays when traveling. 
2016 LL 21 RBS
2016 LL 16 TBS (Sold)
QS 6.0 (Sold)
2022 F-150 Lariat Ecoboost Supercrew
Easton, PA

Merlin

Quote from: Chappy133 on February 28, 2021, 01:44:10 PM
Merlin, I retire on 30 June this year. We are traveling West starting in August with reservations at Yellowstone on 16 August.  Visiting old friends in Eastern Washington then down the Pacific coast, Yosemite, Grand Canyon while working our way back East.  I need to lock in dates but also be using Harvest Host for one night stays when traveling.

Congratulations on retirement! Sounds like a great trip to celebrate that first summer of freedom from work. I look forward to the trip report(s).  8)
Michigan

DavidM

Quote from: Chappy133 on February 28, 2021, 01:44:10 PM

Also check out Boondockerswelcome.com a $50/yr membership site that gives you access to campsites owned by individuals. These can be urban driveways, the side of a barn at a farm house or sometimes a pristine site overlooking a brook, or pond that the owner has set up for himself and guests. Harvest Hosts is typically at businesses like wineries and museums.

David