Pop Up Gizmos

Started by PadreIsleMama, June 29, 2018, 12:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PadreIsleMama

Just curious if folks have any feedback on using a Pop Up Gizmo on their Quicksilvers? We are down in TX, and we are looking for something to help fight back the heat in our 14XLP. If you have an opinion on them, can you please provide your thoughts as well as what model you have and where you live? Thanks in advance!  :)

Steve Sanders

There should be extensive threads in the old Livin' Lite Yahoo! group. https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/livinlite/info

I don't have any, but I don't recall anything but positive comments about them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

smjcolsga

Worked great for our QS 10.0 in Pensacola, Fl campground.. next 'test' will be on Cape San Blas in late July  8)

Johnc

We have them on our QS10 and have had good luck with them. We don't have AC and the gizmos do help cool things off a little. The biggest thing we like is that it makes it a little darker in the morning when we try to sleep in a little bit. There is no really easy way to put them on the camper and we are still experimenting with a couple different methods. When we camped at the beach last summer with no trees in the campground we noticed a big difference with the gizmos in place. The other benefit is in the wooded areas with the gizmos keeping the tent clean from leaves and tree sap.

smjcolsga

Quote from: Johnc on July 09, 2018, 09:11:58 PM
We have them on our QS10 and have had good luck with them. We don't have AC and the gizmos do help cool things off a little. The biggest thing we like is that it makes it a little darker in the morning when we try to sleep in a little bit. There is no really easy way to put them on the camper and we are still experimenting with a couple different methods. When we camped at the beach last summer with no trees in the campground we noticed a big difference with the gizmos in place. The other benefit is in the wooded areas with the gizmos keeping the tent clean from leaves and tree sap.

+1 to all of those points.. we took pics of the bungee and clip arrangement once we had it figured out (no intructions included!) so we could replicate the install the next time we set up the camper.

chilchele

We love our Popup gizmo on our 8.0....what a difference when trying to keep it cool! Ordering was super easy and shipping was fast. Plus the owner is just a nice guy. The original top stays dry when packing up in damp / dewey environments, and keeps it much darker inside for sleeping in a little bit longer. To make installing easier (even with the awning up) we just tied big long loops of paracord on the top of one side and slid the gizmo right up and over. My wife is short, so this made things much easier. I also cut to fit some reflectix....good to go.