One pot meals...

Started by PEIslander, August 02, 2015, 09:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PEIslander

What's your favorite one pot (or one skillet) meal when you camp?
"Beer is proof that God loves us" - Ben Franklin

whitecastleman

I usually saute various kinds of vegetables, add some frozen shrimp (cooked, frozen, thawed with tails removed), add in some pre-cooked brown rice, and add some soy sauce to flavor.  Pre-cooked chickeb or sausage can be added as well.  Very easy to do.

PEIslander

That sounds yummy!  :)

When we make an evening camping meal we try to have some leftovers saved for breakfast. Last time we saved some roasted potatoes, grilled asparagus, grilled mushrooms and grilled red peppers. For breakfast I pulled out the cast iron skillet and cooked some onions and small steak cut into strips. To that I added the potatoes, asparagus, mushrooms, and red peppers - and let them saute together with garlic powder and a generous squirt of lime and green tabasco sauce. To finish it I added more garlic powder and another generous squirt of lime and even more green tabasco sauce!

It was delicious. We usually eat well when we camp. When I grocery shop for our camping trips I'll typically buy better cuts of meat, better cheese, etc. just to treat ourselves. Since food always seems to taste better when camping, the effect is amplified with better ingredients.
"Beer is proof that God loves us" - Ben Franklin

whitecastleman

Sounds great, I want to visit your site around meal time . . .

catmanriff

Hamburger helper lasagna . Add some trader Joes marinara sauce, olive oil, mushrooms. Mmm.

Pinstriper

catmanriff

That looks good. Variations can work too

pjcd

I used a wok for one pot meals,,,,,,,

wcart3r

My fave is Spicy Chicken Casserole.

Retharts