EsiCam World First Portable WiFi Camping Camera

Started by Paul, April 27, 2017, 12:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

I have ordered the following camera

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01M4LJMRU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I took that camera because it was battery powered and didn't felt like passing wires. It is also mobile and can be used as a security camera. I plan on screwing it to the center of the rear bumper on my 13QBB. I can view the video on a phone or tablet, I plan on getting a suction cup mount to put my phone in the windshield. The battery is supposed to last 7.5 hours and you can view the video the while you are traveling. I usually don't do long trip like that so it should work for my need. I also have to possibility to add a power source I have been told by the manifacturer that I can get a waterproof usb plug for it so I could find a way to bring USB power back there.

Can I safely pre-drill hole and use screws in the middle of the bumper?

I will post a review once I test it.
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

pjcd

Looks good, nice that it can be used for security purposes. I might have considered it, but already purchased the Voyager backup camera, (wireless). Let us know how well it works for you.

Paul

Quote from: pjcd on April 27, 2017, 01:24:03 PM
Looks good, nice that it can be used for security purposes. I might have considered it, but already purchased the Voyager backup camera, (wireless). Let us know how well it works for you.

What I like about the voyager is that it is always plugued so you don't need to charge the battery but it was really expensive in Canada all I could find was arround 600$ CAD as oppose to 279 CAD for the Esicam. With the Esicam you can still plug it peramently if you want put the draw back is that it's 5V so you have to find a way to convert 12v to 5v, or bring a USB cable to there. But for now battery powerred should work as long as I don't do trip that are more than 7.5 hours!
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

pjcd

$600 is steep, I don't know which kit you were looking at, I paid around $400 for the Voyager WVOS541 Four Camera Enabled Digital Wireless Observation System with 5.6" Color LCD Monitor, I found a web site that had free shipping, no tax.

Post a review in about four months and let me know how it holds up. Good luck with it.

Paul

I contacted the manufacturer and the water proof charging is not only the cable the plug housing on the camera is also different. I don't think I'll be pluging it permanently but I might in the future. They offered me to return it to them and to buy the new version and they also offered to add a 12v to 5v converter and extra cable for free. I think I'll return it and order the new model once released next week
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

pjcd

Nice customer relations, sounds like a good place to buy.