Recommendations for a COMFORTABLE folding camp chair?

Started by LANA/LARRY, May 11, 2018, 11:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LANA/LARRY

Has anyone found a durable yet comfortable folding camp chair? We have looked at Amazon reviews and all seem to have somewhat contradictory reviews. Most cost $50 or more with seemingly decent reviews. Hate to spend that much for a couple chairs each without credible feedback like I know is available from honest personal experience like folks on this forum.  Appreciate any feedback!

MitchB

I go to music festivals where we sit around for hours on end playing music so a comfortable chair is pretty important. After searching high and low I purchased these and they are well worth it. 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B005PJ0VIC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
If it ain't broke it probably will be soon.

nhlakes

We have a pair of these Cabela's chairs below that we like.  The thing about chairs is that what someone else likes you might not. I'd suggest visiting Cabela's, Camping World, anyplace that has a bunch of chairs, and try some out.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Hard-Arm-Chair/2416317.uts?slotId=5

Steve Sanders

The most comfortable camping chairs that we have were bought at the Walmart super center in Panama City Beach about 20 years ago. We have bought others since, but keep going back to the old ones. I'm dreading the day that something breaks on one that I can't fix.

One that's worth a look is the Kermit Chair (www.kermitchair.com). They were designed for motorcycle touring, so a small packed size and comfort were the primary, and conflicting, design goals. They are expensive, but you get what you pay for. The last I heard, they are still hand made in Tennessee and the design prevents mass production. The quality is outstanding!

They are not lounge chairs, but they are very comfortable in the upright seating position that they are designed for. They are short, but the leg extensions bring them to normal height. The leg extensions also make them very useful on a sloped surface. I've used mine at the Barber Motorsports Park's track. Most of the spectator viewing areas are grass slopes. Leg extensions on the front of and none on the rear make them work perfectly. They pack in five pieces, not counting leg extensions, so assembly/disassembly is required every time you get them out or pack them away. This can be a hassle, but it provides campsite entertainment.

Kermit, the original designer, was a friend of my local BMW Motorcycle owners club. Most of the club members have these chairs and use them quite often. Some of the chairs are approaching 30 years of use and I can't recall any tales of one breaking. How many camp chairs come with a five year warranty??

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

GrampaKilt

Older thread, but I would like to add another chair winner. Whether camping, to the beach, kayaking, grandkids games, I only take Helinox "The One" now. Nicely engineered, light and comfy. Helinox knock offs are abundant but not worth buying IMO. GK