August 5-6, 2017 Meetup at Mattawamkeag Wilderness Park in Maine

Started by DavidM, November 23, 2016, 11:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MitchB

Hi David (and all)

Robbie and I were going to go to the last meet-up at Acadia, actually got halfway, and then had to turn around due to a death in the family.  Sadly, because of something already on the schedule we can't go to this year's either.  Hope everyone has a great time and maybe next year we'll make it, if there is one.  See Ya.

Mitch
If it ain't broke it probably will be soon.

PEIslander

Mr. & Mrs. PEIslander (Ross & Heather) are looking forward to the get-togethers on both Friday & Saturday nights! (We will advise Carleton by email of our interest in participating in his BBQ on Saturday).
"Beer is proof that God loves us" - Ben Franklin

gbpack

Only a month now until we leave for the Maine outing! We are really excited and have already begun our preparations. We leave on July 23 and will be camping in upstate NY, the White Mountains of New Hampshire, and Acadia NP in Maine along the way to MWP. Then we will be camping in 3 other Maine campgrounds after MWP and then stopping in Vermont and Watkins-Glen State Park(NY) on the way back. All told, we will be gone for one month! Should be a great trip! We are looking forward to seeing all of you soon!
Gregg & Joan

Merlin

I've been reading info about travel up the St. Lawrence River by land and my wife just put a French translator on her phone. A large part of our trip is in Canada and most of that is in French speaking territory. If we get a chance to meet Paul out at one of the parks near him in New Brunswick, we'll be all set (he speaks French, so I'm told).
Michigan

gbpack

Merlin - That sounds great! We will be traveling along the U.S. shore of the St. Lawrence Seaway on our way out to Maine. Will be spending 3 nights in a State Park outside of Waddington, NY, so I'm sure that we'll see a lot of the river and may make a day trip into Canada from there as well. Can't wait!

GoElectric

Wish we could make it and meet everyone.  We took our CampLite to New England last year and the Maine Coastline was our favorite part of the trip.  we wish everyone a great time.
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.  John 10:10

curtis

Greetings,  I was wondering if anyone was attending this meetup would be coming from the New Jersey area?

leslie

I sincerely hope we will be able to join you in  Maine. I have been looking forward to seeing again Merlin and his wife, and Greg and Joan whom we met while camping in South Carolina.  I was really looking forward to meeting everybody else who I've been talking to here. I wanted to see PEIslander's mighty camper.

As I posted in another thread, my husband will have brain surgery July 13th. He is scheduled for a checkup on July 26th. We will find out then if the doctors will let us go.

As for now, we are planning to be there. You will be able to see how my husband looks with a shaved head! On July 26th, I will know for sure. I will be so disappointed if we can't make it.

gbpack

Thanks for the update Leslie. All of us hope that it goes well for your husband and that you'll be able to join us in Maine. Joan and I will be praying for both of you. Gregg

Chappy133

Curtis, Not from Jersey but we are 1/2 mile from the border in Easton, PA.
2016 LL 21 RBS
2016 LL 16 TBS (Sold)
QS 6.0 (Sold)
2022 F-150 Lariat Ecoboost Supercrew
Easton, PA

Chappy133

2016 LL 21 RBS
2016 LL 16 TBS (Sold)
QS 6.0 (Sold)
2022 F-150 Lariat Ecoboost Supercrew
Easton, PA

DavidM

The Maine camping meetup is only a month away now. We have seven campers coming now (I am counting on you Leslie! Maybe Paul and family will make eight), and if anyone else wants to join us, just call the MWP at 207-290-0205 and make a reservation.

We will be doing day trip(s) to Baxter State Park, white water rafting for some, swimming, hiking and fishing in the river in front of the campground and BBQ ribs at our site 33 Friday night and BBQ chicken put on by MWP Saturday night.

So come and join the fun!!

David

leslie

I have to cancel our whole trip to Maine, including the meetup. The good news is that my husband does not have prostate cancer. Whew! It killed my grandfather and I have been worried.

However, at the beginning of August, he is scheduled for surgery on his prostate. Sorry we are going to miss all the fun.

gbpack

That's OK Leslie. Another time. We'll continue to keep both of you in our prayers.

Merlin

Thanks for the updates. We'll look forward to the next meet up with you sometime. Take care.

And, since you are not going to Maine, remember the eclipse coming up late August. If you are still in Louisville then, it will get dark!
Michigan