How to manually move slide if motor burns out

Started by gbpack, May 16, 2021, 03:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbpack

Hi guys. We're getting ready to embark on a long summer camping trip and I thought it would be prudent to know how to manually move the Schwintek slide in or out if one (or more) of the motors aren't working. Can any of you tell me what the steps are to do this? I believe the slide control until is above the refrigerator in our CampLite 21BHS. Thank you!

DavidM

See the attachment. Basically you remove one bolt holding the motor in place and lift the motor and its pinion gear from the slide rack so it can be pushed manually back inside. Once it is inside you need to block the slide from wiggling back out underway with a 2x4, piece of firewood, etc.

David

gbpack

Thanks David. I found a video on how to do it as well. Appreciate your quick response.

Chappy133

2016 LL 21 RBS
2016 LL 16 TBS (Sold)
QS 6.0 (Sold)
2022 F-150 Lariat Ecoboost Supercrew
Easton, PA

Canajun

Hi all,  We are going to check out a 2014 21BHS on Tuesday.  I want to confirm what I'm reading - there is no manual override using a crank.  One has to remove motor to manually push back in.

What type of mechanism does the slide use - rack & pinion or worm gear?  Ha- I just learned this watching youtube video.  But now that I watched it, do you know?

Thx

Merlin

Michigan