Calling FastEddieB + anybody else interested

Started by leslie, February 23, 2019, 06:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leslie

Hi FastEddie!

I am returning to camping, soon I hope. After 2 years of constant doctor appointments, my husband is on the mend. We hope to leave Florida about mid-April and head toward New Orleans.

Are you and your wife planning any trips to Florida any time soon? I remember watching dolphins off the East Coast of Florida with you two.  Care to arrange a meetup somewhere in Central Florida? Sometime between now and mid-April?  If anybody else is going to be camping in this area, that would be great too!

The only time we can't go camping will be when my husband has a medical appointment. Unfortunately, we have a few more to go before he can be cleared to leave Florida.

I hope you, your wife and the dogs are all doing well!

Leslie

FastEddieB

Hi! Apologies - I have not been frequenting this forum, what with a whole bunch of other interests.

(As an aside, a fellow using the handle "Sandroad" on a forum devoted to the Honda Clarity knew me from this site, and alerted me to this post!)

We have not been officially camping in a couple of years. Our CampLite has been serving duty as a "construction trailer" as we built a hangar home in Lenoir City, TN, now complete. You can see Campy in the fenced yard to the upper right:

Where in Florida are you? We need to make a trip down very soon, sans Campy, and might be able to touch base. Beyond that we'd love to plan some camping trips in the spring.

Dogs (Chowder, Willie and Halo) are fine, though we lost Jake 2 years ago in April.

As an aside, our Lenoir City, TN digs are just about 3 miles off I-75, just south of the I-75 I-40 split west of Knoxville. We have city water and 50A service in a fenced RV yard if anyone needs a port in a storm, or just a place to overnight. Best bet is FastEddieB@mac.com to be sure we're there - were about 50/50 there and our N GA home.

Merlin

Wow, nice hanger, nice aircraft, nice Clarity, nice campsite. You are all set up!

And just a reminder...."Sandroad" on the Honda Clarity forum = "Merlin" on the Aluminum Camper Forum.   ;)
Michigan

leslie

Thank you to Merlin for giving you the heads up. Sorry to hear about your dog. Our beagle loved your dogs. We are in Dade City, Florida. Unfortunately, there is no place for you to camp as the resort is full through the end of April, and we don't have a place for anybody to sleep over at our spot.

If the doctors give my husband the OK to travel, which we should hear in about 2 weeks, we want to head north and west to New Orleans about mid-April. Then we want to follow the Mississippi River north to the headwaters in Minnesota. Then we will head for the Finger Lakes of New York State, where we will get together with some of the RVers at this resort. Some friends in Maine have asked us to go camping with them. I am sorry we weren't able to join a meetup in Maine a couple of years ago.

Some RVing friends have planned to go camping in South Carolina in October, so if things go well, we will be there. We will be in the Lenoir City area around the beginning of November, it looks like. Eddie, you have been busy. That hanger and your setup for the camper are impressive.

Pat the dogs, say hello to your wife, and let's see if we can't get together this year. We are desperate to get back to feeling normal again!

Leslie