Breakfast for one-

Started by whitecastleman, July 24, 2015, 02:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinstriper

Quote from: gbpack on March 11, 2017, 09:00:32 PM
When we make French Toast we also put in some nutmeg and vanilla (along with the egg and milk wash, and cinnamon as well)! Then pure maple syrup on top! Yum!

I have to believe there is room for a shot of brandy, or bourbon to go with the nutmeg and vanilla with the eggs. The alcohol should cook off and leave behind some extra yumminess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gbpack

Hahahaha! You are right, and you certainly could use something else along with (or other than) the vanilla. My wife wants me to explain that the purpose of the vanilla (or any liquor that you might otherwise use) is to properly disperse the cinanamon and nutmeg throughout the egg wash. Otherwise those two ingredients will clump together and not be properly dispersed throughout the egg wash. So there you have it!!😉

Pinstriper

I just came back from an overnight (non RV) in a yurt at Ft. Stevens (remember that boyos ?) with some fishing friends, and I tried the dehydrated Mountain House scrambled eggs.

Ugh. Dreadful. The water just did not seep into the center of the egg chunks. And the bacon was that fake bacon bit crap they invented in the 70's for salads.

I truly wish I had just gone with the instant oatmeal.

I've had a few other things from MH and they've been acceptable, so...