Did Camplite ever have an aluminum slide out roof?

Started by ADR, February 01, 2018, 09:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADR

Dealing with a rubber roof issue on my 2018 CL16TBS and was wondering if Camplite ever used an aluminum roof on their slideouts?
I know they did on the main roof.

gibby

Quote from: ADR on February 01, 2018, 09:17:39 AM
Dealing with a rubber roof issue on my 2018 CL16TBS and was wondering if Camplite ever used an aluminum roof on their slideouts?
I know they did on the main roof.

Yup, I have a 2014 21RBS with the aluminum roof, and aluminum on the slide too. Mind you there is also a awning over the slide too.
2014 21RBS
2121 F150 Lariat ,  3.5 Ecoboost, 4X4, SuperCrew

ADR

Thanks, LivinLite is being a little difficult with the repair shop on the issue I detailed in another thread >

https://aluminumcamperforum.com/index.php?topic=772.0

I'm wondering if replacing the rubber roof with aluminum would be a better long term solution....

tinkeringtechie

Quote from: ADR on February 01, 2018, 10:01:05 AM
I'm wondering if replacing the rubber roof with aluminum would be a better long term solution....

Yes! If you have the choice then swap it out. That particular roof is completely flat (one of LL's original justifications for the rubber was that it could transition better). I wonder if doing so could save you some thickness and possibly allow your slide to close without dragging...

djsamuel

Quote from: tinkeringtechie on February 01, 2018, 11:04:27 AM
Quote from: ADR on February 01, 2018, 10:01:05 AM

Yes! If you have the choice then swap it out. That particular roof is completely flat (one of LL's original justifications for the rubber was that it could transition better). I wonder if doing so could save you some thickness and possibly allow your slide to close without dragging...

^^^ This, especially given the more "dynamic" nature of the slide, it is more prone to damage.