Spare tire mounting on 2018 16TBS

Started by ADR, July 20, 2018, 08:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeT

Well, we think so!  We are leaving Vancouver and heading over to Vancouver Island to Nanaimo.  From there we travel up to Port Hardy and catch a ferry for an 11 hour sail up the inside passage to Prince Rupert. And barring any forest fires, heat domes, flooding its a series of loops through Northern BC, Alaska, Yukon and finally, the Arctic Ocean in the Northwest Territories.  Then wind our way back down to Vancouver.  Looking at about 2-1/2 to 3 months.

Mike

Chappy133

Have a great trip. We drove out of Alaska in 1990 catching the Alaska ferry to Prince Rupert over Vancouver Island and out Nanaimo. Never made it north of the Arctic circle. Always enjoyed the PNW and hope to get back and visit in the future.
2016 LL 21 RBS
2016 LL 16 TBS (Sold)
QS 6.0 (Sold)
2022 F-150 Lariat Ecoboost Supercrew
Easton, PA

PDX David

Quote from: ADR on July 20, 2018, 08:43:41 AMSo who has come up with a better way to mount the spare?
This was my solution.

To support the added weight, I reinforced the bumper with a flat piece the length of the bumper with gussets (welded) and a t-plate bolted on the corner for extra measure.

I did this in preparation for a trip to Alaska to carry a full-size spare for my tow vehicle. Since then, I've taken the spare holder off and reconfigured to hold some chairs.

.....David