My bike rack is a 1up usa roof rack with the fat bike spacer kit

https://www.1upusa.com/product-rooftray.html

2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

rideandfly

Use bike racks mounted on plywood. While camping put the plywood/rack under the camper:

Bill

Paul

2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

GleamB

I wanted a bike cover for my new Swagman 63644 rack ( LOVE IT ).
Everything I saw was too expensuve or cheap vinyl.
Had just purchased a new cover for my grill from Amazon. Thought it may work as a bike cover. I don't usually rave about made in China stuff, but these were VERY WELL DESIGNED AND MADE and very reasonably priced. I bought another one for about $25!!!!  and added some grommets along the bottom. They come with velcro ties at the bottom, but now I add a few bungee cords for good measure, using the grommets.
WORKS GREAT!!! Buy it.
Happy Trails.......

GleamB

Another picture

jamie

"Use bike racks mounted on plywood. While camping put the plywood/rack under the camper:"

Request permission to steal this idea with minor modification for a kayak. I swear if anyone asks, full credit will be given.

Merlin

I think if you make even a tiny modification, you can claim credit for the whole thing. That's the philosophy I've adopted  ;D
Michigan

gbpack

Just added a bike rack to the back of our 21BHS this summer. Had the rear bumper reinforced by the factory when it was built (back when they were still doing it the right way.....see pic below). We bought a Swagman receiver for the bumper and then attached a Swagman bike rack that we already had (from an older SUV). It works great and holds the bikes nice and steady! Then, just to be sure that everything goes well back there while towing, we added a Voyager digital wireless camera for the back of the camper (mounted on top), which also helps us keep an eye on traffic behind us!

Paul

Nice setup! I now brings my bike in my truck bed now that I don't tow with my Escape anymore

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk Pro
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

Chappy133

Factory upgraded bumper on our 16 TBS.
2016 LL 21 RBS
2016 LL 16 TBS (Sold)
QS 6.0 (Sold)
2022 F-150 Lariat Ecoboost Supercrew
Easton, PA

rideandfly

Quote from: jamie on December 27, 2016, 01:42:03 PM
"Use bike racks mounted on plywood. While camping put the plywood/rack under the camper:"

Request permission to steal this idea with minor modification for a kayak. I swear if anyone asks, full credit will be given.

Thanks, Credit is not needed. Hope the idea is something you can build on!  :)

Bill

rideandfly

Bill

Steve and Dana

Here is what we have and how we move them..... long bike on top of the truck, mountain or road bikes on the rear deck of the trailer.

pjcd

Volcanic Patrol Bike, great compromise between a MT and Street bike.

pjcd

rideandfly,,,,,,

I had a similar set up in the back of the truck, don't ask how, but I ended up breaking the drop-out on the Rock Shox, (on my Cannondale SM500). I now have a "Kuat", great racks.