Corner Moulding Gasket

Started by djsamuel, June 20, 2023, 08:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djsamuel

Has anyone replaced the black sealant under the corner moulding running up the four corners of the trailer?  If so, what was your source?  The black sealing material under that moulding on my 2013 21BHS has seen better days.  We are 20 days into a 28 day trip right now and had a minor leakage issue where the water got in around that sealant at the top of the radius on both front corners.  Pretty large gap as the sealant shrunk over time.  I temporarily fixed it with Geocel caulk, but would rather pull the corner moulding and replace the sealant.

Thanks,

Doug

GoElectric

I would use Eternabond Tape if you can find in a width narrow enough.  Possibly could cut to width also, but extremly sticky.
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.  John 10:10

Merlin

Thanks for the heads up to check on those corners. The black goop on mine has squished out over time and is still a bit sticky. It may have dried more up top I the sun.I like the Eternabond idea, it's good stuff.
Michigan

djsamuel

Quote from: Merlin on June 22, 2023, 09:43:53 PMThanks for the heads up to check on those corners. The black goop on mine has squished out over time and is still a bit sticky. It may have dried more up top I the sun.I like the Eternabond idea, it's good stuff.

In looking into this more, I found out they use a butyl putty tape that is available on Amazon. Dicor sells corner tape similar to Eternabond; available in various widths. They actually have a kit with the tape and sealant as well.

Dicor CS200KIT Seal-Tite Corner Seal Kit - 2" x 50' - Easy Solution for Sealing RV Corner Joints https://a.co/d/dGNNfAC