Exterior wall thickness ?

Started by gzelna, April 22, 2023, 11:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gzelna

Anybody done work/repairs on the travel trailer and know how thick the exterior walls are ? I intend to install a mounting bracket on the back wall/exterior, intending to go through that wall and into the aluminum frame member behind it....

Chappy133

Well I just happened to cut in a Starlink bung hole last week:  1.293" or 32.85mm.

2016 LL 21 RBS
2016 LL 16 TBS (Sold)
QS 6.0 (Sold)
2022 F-150 Lariat Ecoboost Supercrew
Easton, PA

Merlin

If you are referring to a Camplite model, the aluminum framing on the side walls is 1" square. With the exterior and interior skin, the total is about 1 1/4". There is 1" expanded foam insulation between the frame members.

Be aware that wiring can be anywhere. The installers ran wire for convenience, not logic! 
Michigan

Merlin

Quote from: Chappy133 on April 23, 2023, 10:46:43 AMWell I just happened to cut in a Starlink bung hole last week:  1.293" or 32.85mm.

Very cool! A real measurement  :)
Michigan

gzelna

Thanks All....... Actual numbers are a big help. From an image I grabbed of the frame of the trailer, it does indeed look like 1" square crossmembers, and the back wall has two 3.38" wide vertical members (thickness unknown) spaced  in from the edge of the trailer 26.3" to the centerline of that beam. IDK how to post that image here as its not an online url, but a screen capture downloaded to my PC......