Safari Alto 2114

Started by GrampaKilt, August 10, 2018, 10:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrampaKilt

Safari Alto (SA) of Quebec has just released the their largest travel trailer, almost 21' hitch to bumper and an impressive dry wt. of 2400. This SA unit takes all-aluminum TT finishing to an elite level and, alas, an elite price--basic is $43,000 CAD. Though the interior of my TT looks bush league compared to the SA 2114, I take comfort in knowing that in all other ways, my 14DB (at half the price) is SA's equal. GK

http://www.canamrv.ca/rv-inventory/new/travel-trailers/2019-safari-condo-alto-f2114/554004/

Postscript: SA TT's seem to have caught the eye of electric vehicle (EV) forums. SA literature also seems to take into account that the TV's of the future will be electric. There is one report of a SA TT's solar array providing about 50 kms of extra energy for its electric TV. Also, there's a suspicious dynamo looking attachment behind the TT wheel...

Paul

Really nice trailer thanks for sharing!
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

GrampaKilt

Finally saw a Safari Alto 1743 up close and personal in the Okanagan Valley of BC. The finish is amazing, but I still prefer my CL 14DB over this product--more functional space and a dry bath in about the same footprint.

Correction to my first post on this topic. That sprocket behind the tire is not a dynamo, but is the drive of a remote power mover system. GK