at last well working faucet

Started by gcamp, March 27, 2017, 04:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gcamp

It is rather embarrassing how much time I spent messing with this over the years, I just could not stand the original faucet and after a few different solutions I came up with this setup.

In my previous iterations I used the pump only and the original faucet, but this worked poorly as it is hard to wash hands and push the faucet down at the same time...

The new setup now includes small accumulator tank. With the replaced faucet we can now let the water run very slowly and the pump only kicks in every now and again. Works very well do dishes.

The whole setup is on a piece of plywood so that I can easily remove it for the winter. I will use zip-ties to secure it for the season

While I was at it, I added a little voltage meter that is controlled by a button. The other button control the pump.

The installation would have been better and way easier if I had a dremel tool. I was not worried to much about making a mess there because the plan is to make a larger hole in that panel and insert an outlet cover or similar for a cleaner installation. But first must get that dremel.

Merlin

Very clever to have it on a mobile piece of plywood!
Michigan

billandmissy

This looks pretty neat!

I'd love to try this, but wonder how much we'd use the galley sink (or stove, for that matter).  We're new to the QS (or any camper) world, having done tons of tent camping.  We've only taken the camper out once, but did all our cooking and dishwashing outside.  It looks like you've upgraded the galley surface, so maybe your sink is deeper and more usable.  I'm actually thinking of removing the faucet and covering the sink altogether.

Would it be possible to add an inline heater so you'd have hot water to wash dishes?

gcamp

with proper faucet we find the sink very useful. No, the sink is original, our camper is the 2011 model (I think), perhaps it looks different.

Installing water heater would be very much possible and rather easy, but we do not have the LP package.

I got the dremel and tided up the installation.

riotanga

Great job!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk