Lippert Rollover Couch Source

Started by PebblePrincess, April 08, 2019, 10:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PebblePrincess

All,

I am currently trying to replace my dinette with another couch. Unfortunately, I have not found a place to source the Lippert couches that are currently in our units as Lippert only sells then to OEM manufacturers from what I can find. Has anyone done this, and if so did you find an exact match? Also if anyone is interested in training a rollover sofa for a dinette let me know.

Thank You

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 8.5' x 28' Quicksilver
Offroad Package
Onan 5500 & Fuel Station

Merlin

There a few different sizes of sofa, as well as styles, in our campers. My wife and I have had no luck finding OEM sofas, but a couple trips to local RV shows indicated we could find similar replacements through some of the larger RV aftermarket companies like Camping World, RV Updgrades, etc. Take some measurements and peruse some catelogs. And, make sure you can fit replacements in and out the door.
Michigan

Powder Hounds

I am considering a new couch unit as well, But has anyone thought of removing it and replacing the seating area with a quality high density foam. Our covering is perfect and the backrest is still supportive. Not sure if the seat covering would come off easily or not. Having a look underneath it could be an option? I am sure an uphostery shop could handle it but I am always trying to save money and do these things ourselves.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Merlin

Replacing just the seat cushion with with something more comfortable would be too easy. I prefer to do things the hard way.  ;D

Seriously, though, that's a very interesting idea. I think I'll go poke around the sofa a bit and see what the options are for just new foam. Might work great!
Michigan

ADR

Don't know who made the original couch in our 2018 16TBS but it sucks. 
Wouldn't give $5 for another one.
On the project list is replacing it. ;)

When I get around to it someone can have the original for free.

nhlakes

There are a number of RV Furniture places around Elkhart, IN where (as I am sure you know) most RVs are made.   If I get serious about replacing my jackknife sofa (and I do not discover something that suits our needs on the net) I'll drag the CL to IN and shop around. 

Before I picked up our CL I thought we were going to hate the couch, so I did a bunch a bunch of research and found numerous places like this http://www.rvfurniturecenter.com/   I figured in IN we could roam a bunch of different furniture places and surplus places and find something that might work.

However when we sat in our CL, it was better than expected, so we left it as is.  I'd still love to figure out a way to get a couple of comfortable recliners, or a loveseat with recliners, in there, but I can't yet see how that would work, unless we cut the bottoms off of something that was not too long in recline mode...

Merlin

I checked out the cushion in our 16TBS couch and it's not going to improve with a different one. The design of the couch leaves a steel bar across the thighs. A thick enough couch to hide that effect would leave feet too far off the floor.

So, the search for replacement continues. Finding one low enough, comfortable enough, and made for a RV is proving challenging. One of my favorite restaurants is in Middlebury, Indiana right in the heart of RV country. If I ever find a couch I like, I hope to be able to get it and a good meal in one trip!
Michigan

keeena

I did this exact same thing in my 2015 LL VRV. I didn't care for the dinette so I replaced it with a regular couch. I bought the replacement couch directly from LL 2 years ago (not helpful anymore, unfortunately). I think in 2015-2016 LL started using a different style couch. My original couch is a rollover couch; the base cushion is fixed and back-rest flips over/in front to form the bed. The new couch folds out in more of a futon style; the base pulls forward/out and backrest drops down. FWIW - the futon style doesn't fold up against the wall if its over the wheel well because of clearance issues. I had to modify the frame on mine. To keep things simple I'd look for the roll-over type.

Before my LL I built my own TH out of a cargo trailer; here are some links to companies that sell the roll-over couch:
RBComponents: https://rbcomponents.com/collections/folding-furniture.
Blazin Bell Tech: https://blazinbelltech.com/
Moduline: https://www.modulinecabinets.com/accessories/folding-beds/

The Moduline site also has dimensions: https://www.modulinecabinets.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/COUCH-SLEEPER-LAYOUT.pdf

cass3825

keeena & PebblePrincess,

I'm wanting to replace my front fold up jack knife couch in my '15 VRV with a fold up dinette. Let me know if either of you still have the dinette that you would sell/trade.

Thanks!

PebblePrincess

Cass3825

I do still have the dinette. Is your jackknife the black Lippert one? Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 8.5' x 28' Quicksilver
Offroad Package
Onan 5500 & Fuel Station

cass3825

Yes, black with QuickSilver VRV embroidery. I'll see if I can attach a pic. I'll get dimensions and additional pics in the morning. I'm in Kansas.

cass3825

More pics. 60" wide, 42" deep folded out. Mounting points are 4 1/2" c-c.