Need an eclipse viewing destination? Open invite!

Started by FastEddieB, August 01, 2017, 10:54:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FastEddieB

We're three weeks out!

If anyone is looking for a destination in the eclipse zone, we have property in the path of totality in Lenoir City, TN.

It's 3.3 acres along an airstrip. Big T Airport (80TN) for my pilot friends, though flying in is not an option. Just a few miles off I-75 and US321.

Karen and I are inviting anyone who'd like to come a place from which to view the eclipse. Should be an unobstructed view from the runway, weather permitting, of course.

What we have:

Space for camping - tent or RV. Should be enough parking for cars, motorcycles or RVs.

City water.

Power - but just two 20A outlets on a temp pole. Should be enough to charge electronic devices but not to power an RV.

PortaPotty

What we don't have:

Any kind of RV hookups - plan on boondocking for a day or two if you have an RV.

Not far away is a Petro gas station with dump facilities for $5, and an Ace Hardware that can fill propane tanks.

Caution: no telling what traffic will be like. Might be a good idea to plan an arrival at least a day or two early.

Anyway, if this sounds like a good idea, let me know at FastEddieB@mac.com if you plan on coming and I'll send directions.

thudd3r

that is an incredible offer...if i was closer i would be taking you up on it

good on ya!

gibby

Yup, outstanding offer, but wrong side of the country for us.

Darn!  :(
2014 21RBS
2121 F150 Lariat ,  3.5 Ecoboost, 4X4, SuperCrew

tco2612

I planned on staying in Monterrey TN. but have been reading about what traffic might be like the day before and after.I decided to cancel my trip from N/W Ohio. I hope the best for every one making the trip to see the total eclipse.

Pinstriper

We're about 30 miles outside the zone as it passed through Oregon, and folks are pretty much expecting to be stuck in place for a full day before and after due to crowds.

We were unable to score any campsites, and the "auxiliary sites" that are being put up are all just dry camping in parking lots. Being stuck in a parking lot with no shade in August for 3 days is not my idea of a good investment for 90 seconds. Fast Eddie's place would be the kind of thing to do if you can get there.

I ended up having to travel for business that day, anyway.