Challenger door sticker ,Anyone have what I need?

Started by thirdmach1, November 29, 2021, 10:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thirdmach1

I have a 13 RDB 2012, built 4/2011. could use a new entry door, does anyone have the challenger sticker numbers for getting a replacement from challenger. Also small rear hatch door. Thanks.

thirdmach1

Merlin

It's extremely likely that all Camplite doors in the pre-Thor era are the same. If yours measures 24X72.5 on the outside, then the sticker on mine will work for finding a replacement for yours.

Michigan

thirdmach1

Merlin

By the way, the sticker is very well hidden. It's on the right inside of the door that closes against the door frame.

For the small rear hatch door, do you mean the storage compartment flip up door?
Michigan

thirdmach1

Yes flip up door

Thanks for location info. I looked before and did not see it, will have to take a better look.

Merlin

Here's the thread on the compartment door, with ordering info. Again, it's extremely likely they are all the same size and construction.

https://aluminumcamperforum.com/index.php?topic=1266.msg9310#msg9310
Michigan

Scout

Quote from: thirdmach1 on December 03, 2021, 10:40:09 PM
Thanks

Anyone have a older one to compare.

I have a 2013 orbital front RDB. Will look next time I'm up at the seasonal site.

KC

thirdmach1

Uncovered trailer today and found this. Now how much $$ will it cost in 2022...

RV Squirrel

The door on my 2014 Camplite 14DBS went up.  At that time, the doors were not entirely aluminum (probably some wood) and I got a rust spot that began to eat through my door around 6 years afterward.  I called Challenger to ask about the cost of getting a new door.  The shipping was expensive!  I arranged to have them make the door (it wasn't in stock) and then I went up there to pick it up.  It saved me around $200.  I had to do a lot of planning to make sure that I arrived at the right time.   When I arrived there, they helped me put it in the back of my pickup, and then gave me a tour of their factory (after I had asked).  I was able to go from there to Sleeping Bear Dunes, which was a great trip.  I drove from Maryland.  Admittedly, it was a challenge vacationing with the door in the bed of my pickup, but it saved me some money.  Not sure if you can do the same though.

thirdmach1

Im in Batavia NY, But visiting Carmel IN in the Summer.  Factory looks  to be a little over 2.25 Hours from Carmel. We will see. Big ? White or Silver door??

RV Squirrel

Ah... there's the rub!  They stopped making doors that matched the color of my trailer (champagne beige, if I remember correctly).  I asked them to send me a few color samples... and they were very gracious in doing so.  However, the colors did not really match.  So I chose a darker color that matched the decals on the side of the trailer.

thirdmach1

RV Squirrel

Sorry about that.  I think I fixed it now.  I had to rotate and then save the picture.  Easier then turning the monitor up-side-down....