2016 Ford F150 with Factory Tow Mirrors

Started by Paul, February 08, 2017, 09:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

I upgraded my regular mirror for the towing one. The view is really improved even when not towing. I bought the manual telescoping and manual glass. The manual glass is a bit of pain because you have to get out of the truck to adjust especially on the passenger side but once setup if you are the only one that drive the truck it's not too bad. And the manual telescoping is not an issue its really easy. The truck looks good with the huge mirrors, it's really big!!!

The small convex mirror on the bottom give you a nice view of your blind spot and also help a lot when you backup in a parking since it permit you to see the bottom and the rear tires of your truck and also the lines on the pave.

Can't wait to try them towing!! I think I'll miss the power glass but i can live with it. The power one was like 2000$ to get installed because of all the extra wiring and the harness was different. The manual one were like 430 $CAD.
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

Diversteve

Hey Paul,
Nice looking mirrors!
What is all that white stuff on the ground?
Is it sand, do you live near the beach?
Thank you for your care and feeding of this forum.

gbpack

The new mirrors look great Paul! Nice truck!

Paul

Quote from: Diversteve on February 08, 2017, 10:18:13 PM
Hey Paul,
Nice looking mirrors!
What is all that white stuff on the ground?
Is it sand, do you live near the beach?
Thank you for your care and feeding of this forum.
Thanks! There is going to be more white stuff soon :( there is a big storm coming this way
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

rideandfly

Paul,

Nice looking mirrors and Tow Vehicle!!!!!!  Hope the storm misses you!
Bill

Paul

I have setup my mirror using this article http://www.wikihow.com/Set-Rear%E2%80%90View-Mirrors-to-Eliminate-Blind-Spots

I can tell you that is not how I had set them up initially, this seem like a good method! It took me like half hour to find the perfect spot with a lot of trial and error but I think it was worth the effort the vision is now really good! I told my wife that she is not allowed to drive the truck and un-set the mirrors!
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

SWBF350

Good job Paul on doing the upgrade to the towing mirrors, you will be pleased with the towing results. I added the same towing mirrors to both of my F150's, the 2010 and 2014.  My Superduty comes standard with the towing mirrors and these are the power units, power out/in and fold in against the windows(came with the towing package when I ordered the F350).
Anyone with the Fords F150's and you tow I would recommend the Ford Towing Mirrors. The 2009-2014 Model years are priced way lower on Ebay/motors, they bolt right up, this is where I bought mine for both of my F150's. The 2015+ F150's are a bit more on Ebay/motors only because Ford change the Mirror design.
Etrailer.com also has some nice extended add-on towing mirrors for all Vehicle Makes/years.
2015 Bearcat FK16 Toyhauler, Awning, Rear slide down Bug Screen, 9200btu a/c, Micro/convection oven, Fantastic Fan, 2 additional Power Fans, Front Power Jack, 24" LED TV, portable 150Watt solar panels, interstate 6v  Batteries, Dual Propane tanks.