electric brakes install

Started by gcamp, January 26, 2017, 03:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gcamp

I am very glad I found this message board as a refuge from Sean's forum. BTW, is there any risk that the almighty will want to take over this forum as well?

I have my TV all wired up already, just need to finish installing the brake controller. Now I want to buy all the parts for the trailer.

Could any of you technical geniuses quickly look at this post and determine if the proposed bits are correct also for my 8.0?
https://www.etrailer.com/question-158902.html

The installation seem to be simple enough.

Thanks!

DavidM

No risk to the almighty or anyone taking over this forum. Paul-Andre Robichaud, user name Paul, started this forum a couple of years ago and graciously supports it himself. So it is private and as long as we stay in Paul's good graces, this forum will exist independently of LL.

I can't really comment on that list of parts. It looks ok, but you will know when you install it all if it is complete. I looked at the breakaway kit and it has the breakaway switch, battery and some sort of charger??? Does your QS 10 currently have a battery that supplies power to the lights inside and is it hooked up to be charged from your TV. If so then I would not install the battery. Just hook up the breakaway switch to the trailer's existing battery. There is a thread in the archives about how to do this with a Camplite, but I am not sure about a QS.

David

Merlin

Quote from: gcamp on January 26, 2017, 03:32:35 PM
I am very glad I found this message board as a refuge from Sean's forum. BTW, is there any risk that the almighty will want to take over this forum as well?

I have my TV all wired up already, just need to finish installing the brake controller. Now I want to buy all the parts for the trailer.

Could any of you technical geniuses quickly look at this post and determine if the proposed bits are correct also for my 8.0?
https://www.etrailer.com/question-158902.html

The installation seem to be simple enough.

Thanks!

You're in good hands with eTrailer. They know what they are doing. So, even though I'm not a technical genius, I know 'em when I see 'em, and eTrailer is one. Go with what they are recommending and enjoy your new brakes. (And ask them about the breakaway battery question David mentioned. They may have a good reason to have you install that?)
Michigan

gcamp

thank you, I was just wondering if 10 and 8 use the same axle

Merlin

The site you referenced at eTrailer indicated the person there asked you to look at the axle rating to make sure of the weight rating. That's the only way to know for certain, since it's always possible LL could use different axles at different times on the same model. So, I would take eTrailer's suggestion and look at the tag on the axle to confirm the weight rating. That way you'll know if the 8.0 and 10.0 use the same axle and which one your 8.0 has.
Michigan

gcamp

yes, I suppose I will need to dig up the camper from the snow and look for that tag. Any idea on the location of the tag?

txleadfoot

Please excuse the ignorance:  what is TV you refer to?  I assume *not* television.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Shaun
Whitewright, Texas USA

Paul

Quote from: txleadfoot on August 08, 2018, 01:47:57 AM
Please excuse the ignorance:  what is TV you refer to?  I assume *not* television.

Tow Vehicles
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

Merlin

Quote from: txleadfoot on August 08, 2018, 01:47:57 AM

Welcome to the forum! Lots of acronyms! Good luck!  8)
Michigan