Eating Out on the Road

Started by leslie, February 27, 2017, 01:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leslie

Restaurants - where to eat when you don't want to cook, or you are out of groceries and you don't want to have to go shopping before you start cooking or just because...

If you have found a great place to eat on your travels, or if you know a place where you live that should be a place out-of-towners should know about, PLEASE let's start a list.

leslie

Louisville Kentucky - we don't eat meat, so we eat at a lot of ethnic restaurants. Louisville has become a foodie town, so I can recommend several places, especially if you like to try cuisine from different cultures.

Ramsi's Cafe - Bardstown Road - this is for carnivores, too. The mayor is a regular here. Before we moved away, we were regulars. Mostly Mediterranean food, but there are also some Far East-inspired dishes. Soups, salads, burgers, mezze plates, desserts. Also, a full bar.

Roots -  Bardstown Road - Vietnamese-inspired vegetarian restaurant where the food is so good, that I have heard people say at other tables -not to worry about no meat or cheese, because you won't miss it.

Queen of Sheba - Taylorsville Road - Ethiopian restaurant where everyone's order is served on a large round tray and you eat with your fingers. If that does not appeal to you, they will serve you individually and you can have a knife and fork, but what fun is that?

GoElectric

When traveling, we often like to stop at Cracker Barrel, because they are conveniently located right off the Interstates and many times have RV Parking Spaces, which unfortunately are sometimes taken up by other cars.  They are consistent, reasonable, and have big variety on their menu and breakfast is always good and we don't have to look around in an unfamiliar area for something else where parking can be difficult when towing.   The downside is they can be often crowded, especially at meal times or peaks seasons.

When we are at the campgrounds we usually cook at camp and try to find a good local spot that is recommended for the one time or so we eat out.
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.  John 10:10