I am baaack!

Started by leslie, February 22, 2019, 12:05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leslie

I placed a post under new members as I have been absent from this forum for a while. My husband has been very sick, which has totally consumed me. He has a few more doctor's appointments to go before being cleared for travel.

So, I am also posting here, just in case the new member post gets overlooked. I am not sure just how much I will be here, but it looks like my husband is out of the woods now.

Looking forward to reconnecting with you guys, and getting to know the newbies on here!

Leslie

surfsup1955

Quote from: leslie on February 22, 2019, 12:05:07 AM
I placed a post under new members as I have been absent from this forum for a while. My husband has been very sick, which has totally consumed me. He has a few more doctor's appointments to go before being cleared for travel.

So, I am also posting here, just in case the new member post gets overlooked. I am not sure just how much I will be here, but it looks like my husband is out of the woods now.

Looking forward to reconnecting with you guys, and getting to know the newbies on here!

Leslie

Very glad to hear that your husband is doing well!

Welcome back! Not that I frequent here as much as I should either, but I do drop in from time to time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ammobob

Very good news that things are clearing up with your hubby and you both will be able to get back on the Road soon. Glad to hear from you too. Hope to meet up with you both in the coming years once we get back on the road again ourselves.

leslie

Hi Ammobob!!  I remember you from Ft. Stevens Oregon meetup. I hope you and your wife are doing well. Last I heard, you were building a house. How exciting! My husband and I bought a place in an RV resort in Florida, hired a contractor to give us a brand new cabana, which here is an enclosed living room, 12x15, so we can get out of our RV. We have great amenities - restaurant on site, swimming pool - a really nice swimming pool - a communal hot tub, which I have yet to use??? Don't quite understand that! Although my husband's health did not allow us to travel, the social life here more than made up for the miserable weather this summer - 104 every day!!!! That is how summer went. Now, we are working our way through the round of doctors, hoping we can travel in April. If we can, then we hope to see some of you as we go across the eastern US.

Last Sunday, my hubby was feeling better! one of his doctors confirmed that he has begun healing! Hallelujah!!!

Like Charlie M says - Keep on Camping! or something like that!

leslie

To pinstriper - Say hello to your wife, and I hope all of your livestock are doing well. Can't believe how polite we are being to each other! Hope to be out in the NW Pacific area in 2020. You are warned!!!

gbpack

Hi Leslie! Welcome back and good to hear from you again. Glad that everything is going better for you and your husband. And hello to everyone else out there as well. We haven't been camping much for the last 12 months as we bought a house in AZ and had it remodeled (along with lots of complications). However, this summer Joan & I will be doing a big 2-month trip to WY, MT, ID, and UT, so we should have a few more things to talk about soon! We still check into this forum from time to time and are glad that it's still going. Good to see and hear from the original members (as well as the ones who've joined since then). Take care everyone and we hope you have a great upcoming camping season! Gregg & Joan

Pinstriper

Quote from: leslie on March 02, 2019, 06:59:22 PM
To pinstriper - Say hello to your wife, and I hope all of your livestock are doing well. Can't believe how polite we are being to each other! Hope to be out in the NW Pacific area in 2020. You are warned!!!

She says hi back. We are down to 2 llamas, lost and replaced both goats since then. Also lost and replaced a dog.

We were just out at Ft. Stevens yesterday, digging clams on the beach. 55 and sunny was a nice change.

Merlin

Quote from: Pinstriper on March 04, 2019, 10:54:05 AM

She says hi back. We are down to 2 llamas, lost and replaced both goats since then. Also lost and replaced a dog.

We were just out at Ft. Stevens yesterday, digging clams on the beach. 55 and sunny was a nice change.

For the quality of the campground, the interesting birds and plants/animals, the local history, the ocean and beach, the River, the climate, etc, Ft Stevens SP is probably my favorite campground of the last 4 years camping. I wish it weren't half a continent away.  :)
Michigan

Pinstriper

Quote from: Merlin on March 04, 2019, 08:24:08 PM
Quote from: Pinstriper on March 04, 2019, 10:54:05 AM

For the quality of the campground, the interesting birds and plants/animals, the local history, the ocean and beach, the River, the climate, etc, Ft Stevens SP is probably my favorite campground of the last 4 years camping. I wish it weren't half a continent away.  :)

We have three more dates there this year. It is a favorite for sure.

Retharts

Very glad to hear that your husband is doing well!