Here, Leslie.....

Started by Pinstriper, December 15, 2016, 10:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinstriper

leslie

Ah, pinstriper, you haven't changed...

I saw another thread where you said your two dogs had died.  It made me sad to read this. I love dogs, and I thought that those two were really nice dogs. My sympathy goes to you and Mrs. Pin. Tell her that for me, please.

Pinstriper

Quote from: leslie on January 09, 2017, 08:57:35 PM
Ah, pinstriper, you haven't changed...

I saw another thread where you said your two dogs had died.  It made me sad to read this. I love dogs, and I thought that those two were really nice dogs. My sympathy goes to you and Mrs. Pin. Tell her that for me, please.

Just the older one, Elsa. Cancer moves fast in dogs, maybe that's a good thing. Still hard.

Here is Brigitta, who you met, with Rayna, who is her cousin. They have all their toys out of the toybox.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pjcd

Well, as long as we're posting pic's of mans best friend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

leslie

I don't need to see no snow!!! If I can figure out how to post a picture here, I have taken pictures of our dogs enjoying our screened front porch. 66 degrees here today!

leslie

leslie

If you get to see the whole picture, then you get to see my husband's right leg there!

pjcd

I still like the cold and snow.....8^)

billmoore

Here is our recent family addition. His name is Rocky, he is a rescue from a shelter, American Blue Heeler mix (not sure what he's mixed with, looks like he could have some Boxer or Jack Russell Terrier in him). This picture was taken the day we brought him home. He was 9 lbs, now 9 days later he is up to 13 lbs, guessing he will end up some where in the 40-50 lb range.

]

Rocky is settling in well to his new home. The house training is going pretty well for a 2.5 month old pup - he is averaging one or two accidents a day, but we are really staying on top of it, taking him out about every hour, and once in the middle of the night. Just today he started scratching at the door when he needs to go out.

For now, he is sleeping in our bed at night, but as he gets bigger and we trust him to wake us up when he needs to go, we plan to move him to his own bed on the floor. When he is in our bed, we can tell when he needs to go out, because he starts fidgeting and wakes us up.

He is doing great at the socialization process too - he loves our 4 grandchildren, and has played well with the 3 adult dogs he's been introduced to, and was well behaved with the 2 cats he has encountered so far.
2014 LivinLite Bearcat BC7X20
2014 Ford F150 Supercab STX 4X4 5.0L

leslie

It looks like Rocky is a lucky dog

billmoore

Thanks! We are lucky to have him!

Pinstriper

Leslie, I think you mentioned staying a few nights at Clackamette Park in Oregon City when you were here ? I drove by today and it's under water. All the way up through the rv spots. Yes, this has been a wet winter.

billmoore

And snowy in the higher altitudes... I saw yesterday that Highway 20 through the N. Cascades National Park is not expected to open before mid-June at the earliest do to the snowpack. Usually opens in mid-May. Currently the snow is 25-45 ft. deep on Washington Pass, and it is still snowing above 3000 ft...

leslie

Quote from: Pinstriper on March 25, 2017, 06:52:18 AM
Leslie, I think you mentioned staying a few nights at Clackamette Park in Oregon City when you were here ? I drove by today and it's under water. All the way up through the rv spots. Yes, this has been a wet winter.

Yes, we were there. I believe that campground is closed this time of year. Good thing with that much water. At least the Pacific Coast is breaking out of the drought.

Pinstriper

Quote from: billmoore on March 25, 2017, 02:19:06 PM
And snowy in the higher altitudes... I saw yesterday that Highway 20 through the N. Cascades National Park is not expected to open before mid-June at the earliest do to the snowpack. Usually opens in mid-May. Currently the snow is 25-45 ft. deep on Washington Pass, and it is still snowing above 3000 ft...

Yeah, that's what we need more than the rain.