Camping at Paradox Lake in NY 7/26-7/29.

Started by DavidM, March 26, 2020, 06:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidM

I didn't do so well with my last invitation to meetup in Quebec and bailed out due to perceived bad weather. So I am not gong to call this a meetup, but if you want to join us at Paradox Lake NY, please do.

We will be at Paradox Lake Campground, a NY State park and campground in the Adirondack Mountains a few miles west of Ticonderoga. We will be there from Sunday 7/26 for three nights.

Paradox Lake is a medium size campground with 58 sites, near a pristine lake. The geography is nearly mountainous with hiking trails around the lake and incredibly pretty. A boat rental concessionaire is nearby. No hookups but there is a water and a dump station. Their website is https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/24488.html. Go to Reserveamerica.com for reservations.

We will host everyone for BBQ ribs at our site 51 on Monday night.

Of course if COVID-19 is still raging by then we will have to make some adjustments, but I suspect camping will be the least of our problems  ;)

David

Chappy133

Very pretty area of up-state New York.  We drive past this campground on the want to my Brother's home in Vermont. 

I am jealous of the Sunday - midweek camping schedule especially since I am 461 days from retirement.  Not that I am counting or anything.

Depending on our vacation schedule due to COVID-19 challenges I do not see us being able to meet up but really do want too.  I am currently waiting to see if I can get a campsite at Sea Girt, NJ 16-19 July.  This a NJ National Guard State Police Training site on the beach so you have an affiliation, ours is Retire Army, in order to access or camp there. It only has 12 sites.  Campers only and no tents but all the sites have full hook ups. So it that doesn't pan out I might head to New York. 

Stay safe!
2016 LL 21 RBS
2016 LL 16 TBS (Sold)
QS 6.0 (Sold)
2022 F-150 Lariat Ecoboost Supercrew
Easton, PA

DavidM

I actually tried to book a Sat, Sun, Mon night campsite, but none of the nice sites that front the lake were available. Even midweek lake front sites were not available until this last week in July. Obviously this is a very popular campground.

FWIW, after the three nights in Paradox Lake we are traveling about two hours west and camping for a couple of nights at Rollins Pond Campground, another NY State Park south of Saranac Lake. The campground has at least 100 water front sites, but I got the last one available. Obviously NY Adirondack Park campgrounds are very popular, at least those near the water.

Hope you can make it.

David