1st outing report

Started by Lily, December 30, 2017, 11:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lily

Hello All,
Lily wishes to report that our 1st outing from VT down South towing our 2013 8.0 with the 2003 Saab Aero went well without any problems. Towed 1st to Myrtle Beach via Gettysburg, than Charleston, SC with a stay at James Island County Park, than Bluffton, SC, then Jacksonville, FL and then back to Myrtle Beach where Quicksilver went into storage for 2 weeks so Lily could return to VT to take care of business.  TV turned 200,000 Miles on the trip and still runs like a pup (pun intended). Stand by for more and Lily wishes everyone Health, Happiness and Great Adventures for 2018.
Lily, the wonder Coton

Diversteve

You go girl!!!
Sounds like a good trip.
Great to have you and your family on the forum.

catmanriff

Quote from: Lily on December 30, 2017, 11:55:06 PM
Hello All,
Lily wishes to report that our 1st outing from VT down South towing our 2013 8.0 with the 2003 Saab Aero went well without any problems. Towed 1st to Myrtle Beach via Gettysburg, than Charleston, SC with a stay at James Island County Park, than Bluffton, SC, then Jacksonville, FL and then back to Myrtle Beach where Quicksilver went into storage for 2 weeks so Lily could return to VT to take care of business.  TV turned 200,000 Miles on the trip and still runs like a pup (pun intended). Stand by for more and Lily wishes everyone Health, Happiness and Great Adventures for 2018.
Lily, the wonder Coton

Nice!

did you have hookups? Heat?

I'm hoping to get 200-250k milks out of my F150

Lily

Hi Catmanriff,
Re: heat- our 1st use of the on-board furnace set off  smoke sensor so we went with electric 1500 heater! Was also cheaper.  Really recommend the heated mattress pads! Good luck with the F150 should be easy to tow.
Lily

Merlin

Quote from: Lily on January 02, 2018, 08:01:03 PM
Hi Catmanriff,
Re: heat- our 1st use of the on-board furnace set off  smoke sensor so we went with electric 1500 heater! Was also cheaper.  Really recommend the heated mattress pads! Good luck with the F150 should be easy to tow.
Lily

Have your owners (handlers?) (servants?) run the furnace a bit without you or anyone on board. That will burn off the manufacturing oils and get the furnace smoke-free for next time.

Thanks for that trip report. Sounded like great fun.
Michigan

Lily

Thanks, Merlin! Will see that your instructions are followed and report back.  Got home to VT just in time from the South as we know how to deal with snow and ice here (don't venture outside.) Stay tuned and stay warm.
Lily the Wonder Coton de Tulear.

ADR

Yeah the first time with a new heater can be real stinky-    I found even the first time each year can be a little stinky as accumulated dust is burnt off.
I always run it with the door and windows open, maybe even the vent fan, before needing it on the first cool weather trip each season.

Pinstriper

Are you sure it was the smoke detector ? These have a CO detector, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lily

Not sure if it was smoke or CO2.  Only one sensor and the propane stove was on as well.  Will open more screen windows, run fan, etc. next time and do a trial run first before we need to use the furnace.  Good news is we know the sensor works. Also, have invested in electric heaters so will save propane when possible. Thanks to all for help and guidance!
Lily and Entourage (only 2 - for now)