Generator Size?

Started by Chappy133, December 28, 2016, 02:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chappy133

I am not the "electrician type" but when I originally was going through the process of ordering our camper I wanted to order the "~9.2" AC unit so I could use a small portable Honda 1000 generator.  Doing the research on the old forum I was told that the 9.2 AC units were extremely LOUD. 

The question is will the Honda 2000i http://powerequipment.honda.com/generators/models/eu2000i-companion be large enough?  I understand we might not be able to run the AC and microwave at the same time. 

We have a 2016 16' TBS.

Thanks,

Chuck
2016 LL 21 RBS
2016 LL 16 TBS (Sold)
QS 6.0 (Sold)
2022 F-150 Lariat Ecoboost Supercrew
Easton, PA

DavidM

Chuck:

The 9.2 KBTU/hr unit was designed expressly to work with the Honda EU2000 and similar generators. It will not work with the Honda 1000. It is noisy, particularly outside, but a hush kit is available for the outside fan.

You are correct, don't try running the microwave at the same time. Another device that we don't think about often is the DC converter. If the battery is really low, the DC converter will draw 6 amps or so AC and that will be enough to cause problems starting or running the A/C. So if your battery is low, let the Honda run for at least a half hour while hooked up before you try to start the A/C.

David