Aluminum Campers Club with Rallies - Any INTEREST ??????

Started by PaulJ, August 16, 2017, 10:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinstriper

If you can find a place in the SW without rattlesnakes, we would consider it.

Diversteve

Steve Sanders

My wife and I would probably come to a gathering somewhere around the southeast.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

gbpack

Merlin - Yes, good idea. I was planning on starting a separate thread dedicated to a SW meet-up to be held sometime in the fall of 2018. I will do that sometime in the next week or so. Glad to hear that you might be able to join in! Would love to have Pinstriper come down as well, although we won't be able to guarantee no snakes!

ammobob

Quote from: Pinstriper on September 20, 2017, 12:14:02 AM

I missed this earlier. Rattle snake is good eating. Spent many a day in Opp Alabama at the rattle snake rodeo and found them rattlers quit tasty.

ammobob

Quote from: gbpack on September 18, 2017, 03:04:23 PM
Will do Ammobob! We just got down here (to AZ) and are moving here from Ohio. Bought a house in the Superstition Mountains area about one hour east of Phoenix but won't be moving in right away because we are going to do some major renovations first. Will be living in our 21BHS from now until about the end of March when the renovations are complete. Hopefully I will find some time to organize a meet-up somewhere around here for the Fall of 2018! If anyone has any suggestions for possible places to have it, please PM me and we can toss around some ideas!

Looks like the 1st week of October will be the best for us. We have a 13 year old who will be in school then and will be on fall break 1-5 October.

Pinstriper

Quote from: Ammobob on January 01, 2018, 11:10:56 AM
Quote from: Pinstriper on September 20, 2017, 12:14:02 AM

I missed this earlier. Rattle snake is good eating. Spent many a day in Opp Alabama at the rattle snake rodeo and found them rattlers quit tasty.

Dude, I spend a LOT of time in the woods, and the only way I'd ever end up eating rattlesnake is if it came already boned, breaded, deep fried and frozen from Trader Joe's.

Chappy133

Snake shot for the rattlers. Would love to visit the SW but I am not retired yet.
2016 LL 21 RBS
2016 LL 16 TBS (Sold)
QS 6.0 (Sold)
2022 F-150 Lariat Ecoboost Supercrew
Easton, PA

gbpack

Happy New Year! To those of you who are possibly interested in arranging a meet-up (campout) in AZ sometime in the future, I was hoping to be able to coordinate such an event for later this year (like in October). However, due to the remodeling of our home down here in AZ and the construction delays we've been encountering, I am not in a position to organize/coordinate any such event this year. If anyone else would like to try and organize something for later this year, that would be fine. Otherwise, I would be happy to organize something for the fall of 2019. Just throwing that out there. Gregg

Merlin

Thanks for the update! I hope the house gets done without too much extra hassle.  :o

I'm happy to consider a 2019 trip to the SW and it makes a lot of sense to wait until you can more easily fit it in as an organizer. You'll know a bunch more about the region with another year there anyway!
Michigan

DavidM

If you do a meetup in Arizona next year (2019) consider Sedona, Az.  There are a couple of USFS campgrounds north of town alongside Oak Creek. We camped there many years ago. It was an easy drive into Sedona. There is also a large state park in Cottonwood, about 15 miles west of Sedona which has full hookups.

Sedona is magical when the late afternoon sun reflects off of the red rocks that surround the town. It is also a cutesy town to visit with shops, galleries, nice restaurants and bars.

David

Steve Sanders

Sedona is absolutely beautiful, but my camper exceeds Southwest Airlines' luggage limits. Maybe after I retire I'll be able to camp out there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ammobob

I would be more on board for 2019 too. Unfortunately the 2017 move from our old house to our new one wiped out my knees so Feb 8 my left knee will be replaced and April my right. With 6 months of PT 2018 may be a lost cause for us. I retire in May so would be able to help with organizing a SW meet-up if that’s the way we want to roll.

Merlin

I hope the new knees settle in quickly. I'll bet you can sneak away from PT late summer and get in a bit of camping. Sounds like 2019 will be a lot better year for you in general (including for a meet up), but retirement is a wonderful milestone. Keep us posted on how things go!
Michigan

charliem

Quote from: Ammobob on January 24, 2018, 09:05:57 AM
I would be more on board for 2019 too. Unfortunately the 2017 move from our old house to our new one wiped out my knees so Feb 8 my left knee will be replaced and April my right. With 6 months of PT 2018 may be a lost cause for us. I retire in May so would be able to help with organizing a SW meet-up if that's the way we want to roll.

AmmoBob,

Have faith. You can survive double knee replacement and retirement. I've done both. Your knee success will be a direct function of how hard you push yourself in PT. The sooner you regain full range of motion the more successful the procedures will be. But be aware you will have some pain for two years and may never regain full nerve feeling in the knees. Regardless, it's better than a full time wheelchair. On the other hand you don't have to push yourself in retirement. You've earned it so relax and enjoy it. I find I'm so busy with camping, hobbies, house tasks, and grandkids I don't see how I ever had time to go to work  :) . Keep us informed on your progress.
Any 20 minute job can be stretched to a week with proper planning

Charlie
Northern Colorado
2014 21RBS
2013 Tacoma supercharged 4.0L V6
E2 WDH, P3 controller