August 5-6, 2017 Meetup at Mattawamkeag Wilderness Park in Maine

Started by DavidM, November 23, 2016, 11:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin

We will be camping on the Atlantic coast for a week at 3 national parks in New Brunswick prior to the meet-up and heading back west leisurely through the White Mountains and the Adirondacks afterwards.
Michigan

gbpack

David - What's the count right now for our outing? I think I count 6 (not including Paul because he will be a last minute decision), but I could be wrong! Looking forward to it!

DavidM

Yes, it is now six. I am away from home for a few more days but from memory it is you, me, Leslie, PEIslander, Chappy123, Merlin.

Any more? Plenty of sites available at MWP.

David

gbpack

curtis

Just saw this and I'm interested in attending. Is there still space?

Merlin

Yes! The park web site (earlier in this thread) has a map of the campground with which sites have which features. All of us have called the park individually to make reservations. Let them know you are part of the Livin Lite gathering. It will be good to meet you.

Also, send DavidM a private message through this forum with your basic contact information. He's been keeping track of attendees.
Michigan

gbpack

Curtis - If you need a different phone number than the one on their website, PM me and I will send it to you. Not sure if it's Rosemary's cell phone or what, but it will work if the other one doesn't get you through! Hope you can join us!!

DavidM

Welcome Curtis, I hope you can attend. The phone number listed on MWP's website rarely gets answered, at least not now, but they will return the call eventually. All waterfront sites which have full hookups are now booked, but there are sites with electricity available. I am in site 33 as I like to rough it!

As gbpack noted, please send me a PM with your email info. We will be organizing a day trip to Baxter State Park, Friday and probably Saturday, so let me know if you need someone to walk your dog if you have one because Baxter does not allow any dogs in the park.

David

curtis

Thanks everybody for your help. I'm looking forward to meeting everybody.

DavidM

I just heard from Curtis who confirmed his reservation at MWP. We now have seven confirmed LL campers coming. There still is room for more!!

David

curtis

Thanks Dave, I'm still not to sure how to work this forum............. ::)

DavidM

When we first started making reservations at MWP early this year, we were told of the possibility that MWP would have a BBQ chicken dinner for the evening of Saturday, August 5 in their central pavillion. Many of you said that you would like to go.

I have just heard from Carleton, the park manager and the BBQ chicken is definitely on for that date. So, if you are planning to go, and I would suggest that we all do, then email Carleton at info@mwpark.com and indicate how many from your party will come.

Joan and I will host BBQ ribs on Friday night at our campsite, number 33. Bring a side dish or dessert, something to drink and a couple of chairs so we can all sit around the campfire. I have a new fire pit (we still haven't gotten out camping yet this year to try it out, maybe next week) so we can all group around the fire, eat BBQ, drink ??? and hang out that evening.

David

Chappy133

David, I am a go for the Chicken Dinner but the Misses is a vegan.  She will will attend and will bring her own protein.  Looking forward to the meet up. 
2016 LL 21 RBS
2016 LL 16 TBS (Sold)
QS 6.0 (Sold)
2022 F-150 Lariat Ecoboost Supercrew
Easton, PA

gbpack

Thanks David! Joan & I will be at both the Friday and Saturday festivities. Will let Carlton know that we'll be there Saturday. We can't wait to meet everyone at the campout in August!
Gregg

Merlin

Both meals sound good for Jan and me too. We'll email Carlton about Saturday.
Michigan