Livin'Lite closing down

Started by ADR, February 01, 2018, 09:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MitchB

They should, then they could sell them as low riders!
If it ain't broke it probably will be soon.

Capt J-rod

Camplite was a real innovator in an industry that differentiates itself with different stickers and couches. I have said it before, but killing the name and shutting it down was the best for everyone. The platinum fiberglass model was a full roundhouse kick to the face of the original mission.

Pinstriper

Quote from: Capt J-rod on February 22, 2018, 12:43:03 PM
Camplite was a real innovator in an industry that differentiates itself with different stickers and couches. I have said it before, but killing the name and shutting it down was the best for everyone. The platinum fiberglass model was a full roundhouse kick to the face of the original mission.

This.

Really, the name needed to die when all-aluminum did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fatdog2

For those that have allergies, sensitivity to mold, off gassing of chemical due to the by products of RV camper building materials, Livin Lite all aluminum and Azdel panels was the only viable purchase solution.  When I first came across LL on-line page the No-Rot sold us on buying our 21BHS, especially after walking through other traditional campers with wood. It was a no brainier, so thank you Scott Tuttle, Dan Miller, and the rest of LL crew that designed and built a one of kind camper and Livin Lite Brand.

ToolmanJohn

ATC is still all aluminum (I think), even the floor. Roof is also aluminum, interior is adzel (azdel?), skin is aluminum, frame etc..

I was in the market for a LivinLite toy hauler early 2017, but the changes (wood floor, epdm roof) and small tanks made me look elsewhere. I paid almost $10K extra for a similar 7X20 from ATC, but at least I THINK it's forever (well, lets call it 10-15 years and see what happens).

Those older LivinLites are going to commend top dollar used. Good news for current owners.

surfsup1955

Sad to see they are killing off the name. But the trailers built by Camplite/Livinlite will long outlive anything Thor has ever built or is building today.

So let's go camping!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jim T

Not a rumor.
I was trying to get the proper break shoes for my TBS 16 and my dealer told me that they will not be making the Livin Lites any longer. You knew Thor would screw it up. Heck they couldn't even tell my dealer what size shoes my camper needs. The only way I will know now is to pull one and take it to a RV service place or dealer  to show them for match up. VERY SAD. I would stay as far away from Livin lite now as I could. Spare parts will become an issue in short notice. THOR SCREWED UP ANOTHER ONE.
Jim T
Camplite 16 TBS
Nissan Titian

Entropy3XD

Quote from: Jim T on May 18, 2018, 04:07:05 PM
Not a rumor.
I was trying to get the proper break shoes for my TBS 16 and my dealer told me that they will not be making the Livin Lites any longer. You knew Thor would screw it up. Heck they couldn't even tell my dealer what size shoes my camper needs. The only way I will know now is to pull one and take it to a RV service place or dealer  to show them for match up. VERY SAD. I would stay as far away from Livin lite now as I could. Spare parts will become an issue in short notice. THOR SCREWED UP ANOTHER ONE.

Jim T, you might want to give Dexter Axle a call.  I would think they could assist with the shoes you need.

Merlin

Quote from: Jim T on May 18, 2018, 04:07:05 PM
Not a rumor.

Others have had to replace brake shoes and I've recommended a call to etrailer.com with the number off your Dexter axle. They will know what you need for brakes and bearings.

Bummer that LL will be no more, but spare parts won't be an issue because LL used standard off the shelf components from well known manufacturers. Any dealer will be able to get parts, as will all the big on-line places like Etrailer, Amazon, Camping World, RV Upgrades, etc.
Michigan

Merlin

Anyone heard whether LL is really going away this summer?
Michigan

djsamuel

Quote from: Merlin on June 05, 2018, 08:24:21 PM
Anyone heard whether LL is really going away this summer?

I've read some posts on Facebook that people were told production stopped, but I don't know if that is accurate.

Steve Sanders

If it's on Facebook, it HAS to be true!! ;-)

(Where's the sarcasm font?)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

djsamuel

In an interesting development, the Thor 2018 annual report and forecast still shows Livin Lite in their list of companies.  Probably just reflecting current status, but still interesting.

charliem

I just talked with my local LL dealer, Windish RV. The LL factory has confirmed they are shutting down. No firm date but it was supposed to be sometime this month, June 2018. RIP Livinlite. Scott, where are you when we need you?
Any 20 minute job can be stretched to a week with proper planning

Charlie
Northern Colorado
2014 21RBS
2013 Tacoma supercharged 4.0L V6
E2 WDH, P3 controller