Ideas and Input Needed

Started by Paul, February 02, 2017, 12:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

We wanted to receive input and ideas from forum members on how to generate enough income to operate this forum without using vendor advertising. We are not trying to make a profit and if this doesn't cover the full cost of the forum I will gladly continue to cover for it, this forum is here to stay :). Here's ideas Bill (rideandfly) and I have been discussing, so far. 

Proposed Premium membership:

Premium membership can be for those that can donate $12 per year to help with this forum's operation cost. Premium membership is not required.  Regular and Premium members will have access to the same areas of the forum.

Premium member's Dues would be set at $12.00 (US) a year. Premium Members would receive five stars and title of Premium Member in their username.

Please give me your opinions.
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

PaulJ

To keep this FREE from Thor, I will gladly send $12.00.   What we need is to somehow promote ourselves to new Aluminum camper owners .

gbpack

We would gladly pay $12 per year to help fund this forum. If that's what's decided, then just let us know how to a accomplish that!

Paul

Thank you to both of you! There is a built in subscribe in this forum that I can activate and it use paypal for payments. I will wait a little bit to gather more comments before implementing this! It would be nice if we could get more participation from other Aluminum Camper Brand, we need to find a way to promote it!  :)
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

Merlin

We would gladly help support the cost of the forum at the bargain price of only $1 per month! (Payable by year) The lack of the usual "in-your-face" advertising sets this forum apart as really special.

I would note that many other brands of aluminum campers already have their own forums, some well established. Attracting new members from those other brands may take some creative efforts. There are also advantages in being "small" as a forum. Getting too large too fast can make problems for moderators and administrators. It is the Internet, after all, and as the saying goes: "There be dragons."
Michigan

Paul

Quote from: Merlin on February 03, 2017, 10:17:15 AM
We would gladly help support the cost of the forum at the bargain price of only $1 per month! (Payable by year) The lack of the usual "in-your-face" advertising sets this forum apart as really special.

I would note that many other brands of aluminum campers already have their own forums, some well established. Attracting new members from those other brands may take some creative efforts. There are also advantages in being "small" as a forum. Getting too large too fast can make problems for moderators and administrators. It is the Internet, after all, and as the saying goes: "There be dragons."

Thank you for your support Merlin!
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

rideandfly

Agree, believe $12 per year to be a bargain for an ad free forum with knowledgeable and experienced campers!!!!!   :)
Bill

Paul

I have implemented the feature to the forum. Is there someone willing to test it before we start advertising it?

http://aluminiumcamperforum.com/index.php?action=profile;area=subscriptions
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

rideandfly

Paul,

Looks like that link is going to your profile.
Bill

Paul

2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

rideandfly

Paul,

Looks like the $12 payment worked!

Should folks making a payment PM the Pay Pal Receipt # so their profile can be updated to Premium Member?

Will PM information shortly!!!!

Thanks,
Bill

Paul

Hi Bill it is automatic! No need to PM me
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

gbpack

Paul - We just paid as well. The link works very well. Thanks again for running this forum.

DavidM

Merlin

Michigan