Compartment doors

Started by Merlin, May 27, 2020, 09:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin

The compartment door in the slide of my camper has developed damaged aluminum skin and paint outside and bubbling inside from a leak I didn't notice until too late. I know someone posted on here the part number for the Compartment doors from Challenger but I can't find it. It's a Sept '14 build 16TBS and at that point the Challenger doors had Lauan plywood in them. Unless someone on here knows where that post is, I'll call Challenger and see if they can help.
Michigan

djsamuel

I posted that a while ago.  Here is the cargo door on my 2013 21BHS:

Merlin

Thanks so much. I never thought to simply look on the inner panel.  :o
Michigan

dlb53151

Merlin - as part of my paint job on my 2016 TBS my painter tried to salvage the Challenger compartment door for the slide out, but the wood was so wet the paint won't hold even after the repair.  Were you able to get a replacement door from Challenger?  If so - any intel on price and who to contact? 

The top pic is after the new paint.  Already bubbling.  I need a new door and will have it painted to match. 

Thanks! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merlin

Yes! Challenger was very good about the new doors. Here's the contact info and also the information I used to order the new doors. It was on a sticker inside the door. If you don't have the sticker on your door, just be sure they are the same size and use this information except for the color. I ordered all 3 new compartment doors, since all of mine had bubbling inside and one had the aluminum exterior corroded all the way through. The new doors contain no wood! The price was $55 per door, including the door, painting, packaging, and shipping. They are shipped from Indiana.

Amos Bontrager |  Challenger Door-Inside Sales 
574.773.8129 Direct
"Experience-Service-Partnership"
www.challengerdoor.com
abontrager@challengerdoor.com

Compartment door label on a 2015 Camplite 16TBS

56848.5/69887/5/10-12/1-104645//Livin Lite RV
30X12.875  Beige Metallic  0200
Michigan

djsamuel

Thanks Merlin.  I filed that info away just in case.  $55 per door is not bad at all.  I wonder what they'd charge for the entry door.  I don't need that yet.  I resealed the door and it seems to be doing well, but time will tell.

dlb53151

Quote from: Merlin on June 16, 2020, 02:48:48 PM
Yes! Challenger was very good about the new doors. Here's the contact info and also the information I used to order the new doors. It was on a sticker inside the door. If you don't have the sticker on your door, just be sure they are the same size and use this information except for the color. I ordered all 3 new compartment doors, since all of mine had bubbling inside and one had the aluminum exterior corroded all the way through. The new doors contain no wood! The price was $55 per door, including the door, painting, packaging, and shipping. They are shipped from Indiana.

Amos Bontrager |  Challenger Door-Inside Sales
574.773.8129 Direct
"Experience-Service-Partnership"
www.challengerdoor.com
abontrager@challengerdoor.com

Compartment door label on a 2015 Camplite 16TBS

56848.5/69887/5/10-12/1-104645//Livin Lite RV
30X12.875  Beige Metallic  0200
Thanks Merlin!  I really appreciate it!  Just saw your message now.  Ironically I called Challenger this afternoon and they transferred me to Amos' voicemail so I am already in the queue.  For some reason the slide out door is the most common one for this issue based on my overall research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcsnave

As silly as this sounds...has anyone tried using  "Flex Seal" clear (yeah you know the guy...Phil that can make a boat float with a screen door)and spraying the edges of the doors...entry door window locks etc. to seal up the panels to prevent moisture getting into  the doors in the first place?

Even with new replacement doors...it ain't a good thing to have moisture inside the doors.
Camping –
Where friends & marshmallows get toasted at the same time!