Worst drive with my Livin Lite

Started by Popup2012, March 29, 2021, 11:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Popup2012

My wife and I were coming back from Fl on I-10 W  last week.   The weather was possible chance of showers  (50%).  As we hit the bridge going over the Atchafalaya  basin in LA,  it started to rain.  You could not see the vehicle in front of you and speeds dropped down to 25-30.  Everyone had their flashers on.  The bridge is 18 miles long and it lasted almost the whole bridge.  The water came down so hard it was pooling on the bridge.   I stopped after I got off the bridge and dried off the floor of my 16TBS.  This was the first time I had ever gotten water on the floor from the wheel  wells.  After we dried off the floor we just sat there for about 30 minutes and relaxed.

Merlin

Wow, sounds like a drencher for sure.

Reminds me of the time I sank my sailboat on I-80/90 in Ohio. We drove through a rain like that for a long time and when we finally reached a service plaza for a break, the 13' sailboat we were towing was pretty much full from the rain and road splash. We pulled the plug to drain, but then I noticed one of the axle springs on the trailer had slipped out of place from the heavy weight. Rains like that are hard to tow in.
Michigan

stu1965

Quote from: Popup2012 on March 29, 2021, 11:22:25 PM
My wife and I were coming back from Fl on I-10 W  last week.   The weather was possible chance of showers  (50%).  As we hit the bridge going over the Atchafalaya  basin in LA,  it started to rain.  You could not see the vehicle in front of you and speeds dropped down to 25-30.  Everyone had their flashers on.  The bridge is 18 miles long and it lasted almost the whole bridge.  The water came down so hard it was pooling on the bridge.   I stopped after I got off the bridge and dried off the floor of my 16TBS.  This was the first time I had ever gotten water on the floor from the wheel  wells.  After we dried off the floor we just sat there for about 30 minutes and relaxed.

being a FLA resident, I have experienced these downpours often. Most of the time on alligator alley heading east. I never get used to them, and often will pull over on the side of the road, trailer in tow or not.
So many folks drive with their hazards on, which actually is illegal in fla.