Camp Lamp

Started by PYG RYDR, August 17, 2017, 03:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PYG RYDR

Thinking it would be nice to have a Rechargeable Lamp for outdoor use.

Any recommendations?

TIA

Galen
There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want;
and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of humans achieve the second.
Logan Pearsall Smith

MitchB

Mood lighting or actual light to work by illumination?

I have one of these and it's been great, not rechargeable but the batteries last a long time.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DII7CTI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
If it ain't broke it probably will be soon.

pjcd

Its not rechargeable, but I use a Dietz Kero lantern, fill it with torch oil with citronella, nice warm glow and helps with the bugs. But if thats not for you, I also have a Milwaukee M18 lantern.

Capt J-rod

I run a kero lantern on citronella as well. Also use the thermacell to fight skeeters. I assume you are looking for portability to get to the bathroom at night? I still use my black diamond backpacking LED collapsible lantern. It's not rechargeable, but it runs forever on batteries. I've almost decided it's easier to buy batteries than store and sort out chargers and find them when needed. It's getting out of hand. Why can't everyone use the same damn charger?

pjcd

For late night potty calls, I use a Princeton Tec EOS LED Headlamp, very bright and I can run like hell when I hear a strange noise! :P ;)

Pinstriper

We bring along - and never end up using - 2 Ryobi One+ LED lanterns. We also have a portable charger and can recharge the batteries off 110AC. Mainly bring the charger because I have a One+ driver that I use to raise and lower the stab jacks. i've never had to recharge that over the course of a season but bring the charger anyways.

When we're sitting out at night, the last thing we want is lanterns and light. We want the campfire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PYG RYDR

Thanks all for the camp light comments and ideas.  So far this one is at top of my list https://www.amazon.com/Tough-Light-LED-Rechargeable-Lantern/dp/B01MT855BH?th=1

Might need it August 21!

Regards,

Galen
There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want;
and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of humans achieve the second.
Logan Pearsall Smith

wcart3r

I have a Streamlight lamp that I got at cabelas. Durable and has multiple intensity settings.