Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

the

If anyone is looking for lithium batteries at a better price, I carry Zpro lithium's at my kayak shop https://nobaddayskayak.com. I don't have them listed right now as I just launched a new site and am swapping over the inventory system, but just shoot me an email at support@nobaddayskayak.com and I can get some out to you. They should be on my site in the next week or two. The Zpros are designed and warehoused here in Texas by a UT PhD grad. The best thing is like the battleborns the Zpro's have electronics built into them that allows you to do a drop in replacement without having to upgrade your on board converter/charger. In fact, the charge profile was also designed to be similar to lead acid batteries. The second best thing is they are a bit cheaper. I can ship these anywhere in the US, the shipping is out of Austin TX. The 100aH 12v battery is 27 pounds in case you want to price out shipping. List price on the 100Ah 12v is $750, but I'm happy to give fellow aluminum camper owners a 10% discount!

More on the batteries:
These are a completely unique design, not just a bunch of off the shelf cylindrical cells wired together like battleborn. They use a custom prismatic cell, and I believe the 100ah 12v batteries are 4 cells. They have an 8 year warranty and greater than 2000 cycles at 100% depth of discharge. They also carry the ip65 water resistant rating. You can read more about the batteries here: https://www.zprolithium.com/products/zpro-12v100ah-lithium-battery

More about me:
Outdoor enthusiast, software engineer, business owner. Happy owner of a 2013 16dbs (purchased on this forum!). I spend about 6 months a year in my camper, all boondocking. I very rarely stay in a campground. I've got a 630 watt solar setup with a victron charger. Initial batteries setup was two golf cart batteries, now I have a 100ah zpro lithium. Stock internal converter/charger. I'm happy to talk about my setup. Profiling your power needs was the most important step for me. Happy to share my experience!

Paul

Quote from: the on October 14, 2022, 06:31:27 PMIf anyone is looking for lithium batteries at a better price, I carry Zpro lithium's at my kayak shop https://nobaddayskayak.com. I don't have them listed right now as I just launched a new site and am swapping over the inventory system, but just shoot me an email at support@nobaddayskayak.com and I can get some out to you. They should be on my site in the next week or two. The Zpros are designed and warehoused here in Texas by a UT PhD grad. The best thing is like the battleborns the Zpro's have electronics built into them that allows you to do a drop in replacement without having to upgrade your on board converter/charger. In fact, the charge profile was also designed to be similar to lead acid batteries. The second best thing is they are a bit cheaper. I can ship these anywhere in the US, the shipping is out of Austin TX. The 100aH 12v battery is 27 pounds in case you want to price out shipping. List price on the 100Ah 12v is $750, but I'm happy to give fellow aluminum camper owners a 10% discount!

More on the batteries:
These are a completely unique design, not just a bunch of off the shelf cylindrical cells wired together like battleborn. They use a custom prismatic cell, and I believe the 100ah 12v batteries are 4 cells. They have an 8 year warranty and greater than 2000 cycles at 100% depth of discharge. They also carry the ip65 water resistant rating. You can read more about the batteries here: https://www.zprolithium.com/products/zpro-12v100ah-lithium-battery

More about me:
Outdoor enthusiast, software engineer, business owner. Happy owner of a 2013 16dbs (purchased on this forum!). I spend about 6 months a year in my camper, all boondocking. I very rarely stay in a campground. I've got a 630 watt solar setup with a victron charger. Initial batteries setup was two golf cart batteries, now I have a 100ah zpro lithium. Stock internal converter/charger. I'm happy to talk about my setup. Profiling your power needs was the most important step for me. Happy to share my experience!

Cool to know that you bought your Camplite on this forum!
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

RV Squirrel

Many thanks to DavidM and Merlin for answering incessant questions about batteries and other components.  Without them, this installation would have been a "Three Stooges" episode.  Thanks also to Pinstriper and GrampaKilt who provided insight for how to mount the batteries indoors.  Thanks as well to folks who commented in the forum.  The ACF is great...  Not only did I have an install that was admired by my RV maintenance guy, but it also helped with my marriage.  My wife hates when I babble about these things at the dinner table :-)