ATC Stereo

Started by olddude13, October 03, 2018, 08:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olddude13

Hi,

This is my first post, i just got a used  2017  ATC 24 x8.5 I haul dirt bikes in it
Does any one know where the fm antenna is located? all i get is static
Thanks

Apollo

There is a good chance it is behind the stereo, could be a wire or just the antenna cable itself. I don't have an ATC but have seen this method of antenna wiring before.

Paul

There is usually a button to press to activate the antenna
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

ToolmanJohn

I didn't opt for the stereo, speakers, or TV options on my ATC 7X20. But pulling the stereo head unit on yours shouldn't be too difficult. The antenna may be loose into the back of it. Can you see an antenna mounted on the roof? Just start at the head unit first. If you can connect a different antenna wire, and the static remains, then the head unit is likely bad.

charliem

Quote from: olddude13 on October 03, 2018, 08:32:48 PM
Hi,

This is my first post, i just got a used  2017  ATC 24 x8.5 I haul dirt bikes in it
Does any one know where the fm antenna is located? all i get is static
Thanks
I'm not sure how the ATC is built but the Camplites use the TV antenna for the FM radio. As such, the TV booster must be on for the FM radio to work. As Paul notes, there is usually a small button on the TV antenna connection panel to turn on the booster. There also might be a small light to indicate it's on.
Any 20 minute job can be stretched to a week with proper planning

Charlie
Northern Colorado
2014 21RBS
2013 Tacoma supercharged 4.0L V6
E2 WDH, P3 controller