Greentings from Mike Sokol and the No~Shock~Zone

Started by jmsokol, December 30, 2017, 06:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmsokol

Hi everyone. I'm Mike Sokol, a technology writer for a number of RV publications including RVtravel.com.  You can read my latest RV Electricity column at http://rvtravel.com/whats-all-this-electrical-ground-stuff-about/ and here's my first monthly newsletter at http://rvtravel.com/electricity1/

Feel free to email any questions about RV electrical hookups or safety to mike@noshockzone.org. And I'm glad to answer questions on this forum as well, as long as something sends me a message that my help is needed.

Let's play safe out there...

Mike Sokol

Paul

2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

Merlin

Thanks for contributing, Mike. You're one of my go-to heroes for safe RVing. I've read your book NoShockZone and recommended it to others in our forum's first newsletter last fall. (It's in the Newsletter section of this forum.) Forum member Davidm and I wrote some basic articles on solar and electricity and I referenced you for safe practices with high voltage "juice".

Lots of members have a broad range of questions about electricity from time to time (like the one you responded to last April) and I REALLY appreciate your offer to continue to contribute.

I also really appreciate the link to your first newsletter. Paul and I should make sure we get that link updated each month as you publish new info.  :)

You'll be "used" here in 2018!

Merlin
Michigan

Diversteve

Welcome Mike!
Thanks for sharing your ideas and facts on electrical safety.
This is the number one overlooked and potentially dangerous facet of the RV lifestyle.
It is so easy to assume everything is OK simply because the lights are on.
Simple to check and a vital part of RV maintenance, our electrical systems are too often overlooked.
I look forward to your help in the coming year.
Happy New Year everyone.

FastEddieB

Greeting Mike!

Mike gave me some direct advice on wiring our RV pedestal at our TN property, and his online information is great in both content and presentation.

With his advice and luck, hopefully none of us will get electrocuted - or at least not as often as before!

catmanriff

Hey Mike. I've read numerous articles and posts from you about live sound systems and generator use over the years since that's my business. Much appreciated is your expertise and succinct manner.