Started by john, February 20, 2018, 08:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john

just want to say hi. on the old forum I was nailbender but it's been a while but I am back and wanted to say hi. still the owner of a 2015 16db. Wanting to trade up and found a 21 rbs used  but havn't pulled the trigger and now wondering if i should wait and see what happens with intech.

Capt J-rod

I have a 2015 RBS and really like it. Intech is an innovative company with a proven leader. What I fear is that the toy hauler market is where everyone is headed. I guess if your 16 is doing everything you ask then keep running it. If a 21 is what you want, then start searching. I think that the guys that know what they are will be keeping them. I won't be selling mine anytime soon. Eventually someone will make one, but I fear the price will be significantly higher than what we are paying for our current trailers. On a positive note, if you stay in the 2015 model year, the 21 only weighs #350 more than the 16, and I think the tongue weight was only #50 more. We looked at both, I was leaning toward the 16, but I found a clean used 21 and I'm glad I grabbed it. If it were me I'd buy the new one before I sold my old one! The weights on the new ones have gone up a bit.

Merlin

I'm not sure what you mean by  "....what happens with inTech.". Their Luna is small (13X6) and the rest are small toy haulers. They have nothing now that matches even your 16DB for camping, unless you are hauling "toys". If you've found a nice all-aluminum 21RBS and want to move up to something larger than the 16DB, that seems like something to seriously consider!

Oh, and welcome back!
Michigan

john

I guess I'm a little curious if they start to build larger travel trailers. My 16 really does give me everything I need and my wife and i do like it. mabye just wanting a little more room. I did find a 2015 21 rbs that looks exactly like mine but I'm in central Illinois and it is in Florida. thought I had mine sold but it fell through. sure would be fun to see what intech would come up with though.

MitchB

I spoke with one of the principals in the company with that exact question (will they start making "camp-lite" style campers), the answer was not at this time.  They want to stay focused on the micro-lite segment.  It was a pleasant interaction though so I'll be keeping an eye on them to see if they change their mind down the road a ways.
If it ain't broke it probably will be soon.