Lousy table on 16 TBS

Started by Popup2012, February 01, 2017, 06:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Popup2012

After having  things fall off the table and looking at some very expensive options, I went for this.
Picture 1-  aluminium square
Picture 2- square in stalled under the table.  Screwed into benches on both side and floor
Picture 3-Table top with 2 bolts going down thru square
Table now has very little movement. Also you can see I have never planned on using this area for a bed. The aluminium square also sits about 2 1/2 inches from the wall.

Merlin

Very solid solution. I bet you can almost sit on that table (or maybe not  :D)

A quick note if others do this.......be very careful screwing things to the floor. LL has run gas lines, water lines, and electrical wires in the under-floor channels and if a sharp screw were too long or in the wrong place, you could have some repairs to do. Look at the bottom of the camper and make some careful measurements before drilling or using any fasteners.
Michigan

Paul

Quote from: Merlin on February 01, 2017, 08:33:04 PM
Very solid solution. I bet you can almost sit on that table (or maybe not  :D)

A quick note if others do this.......be very careful screwing things to the floor. LL has run gas lines, water lines, and electrical wires in the under-floor channels and if a sharp screw were too long or in the wrong place, you could have some repairs to do. Look at the bottom of the camper and make some careful measurements before drilling or using any fasteners.

This is a really good advise
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

catmanriff

Chappy133

Changed our table around to a mono-pole. No blind drilling in the floor folks. There is gas lines & electrical down there.
2016 LL 21 RBS
2016 LL 16 TBS (Sold)
QS 6.0 (Sold)
2022 F-150 Lariat Ecoboost Supercrew
Easton, PA

Merlin

Quote from: Chappy133 on March 25, 2017, 07:55:10 PM
Changed our table around to a mono-pole. No blind drilling in the floor folks. There is gas lines & electrical down there.

That's exactly what we did in ours. Great system with a removable base that leaves only a 1/2 inch high plate on the floor.

On another note.....that looks like a WAY comfier couch than we have in our 16TBS. When you have a chance, I would really appreciate it if you could find the brand/model on that and send me a PM with the info. Thanks!
Michigan

DavidM

Quote from: Merlin on March 25, 2017, 11:22:14 PM
On another note.....that looks like a WAY comfier couch than we have in our 16TBS. When you have a chance, I would really appreciate it if you could find the brand/model on that and send me a PM with the info. Thanks!

Post it here. I am also interested.

David

Chappy133

It is the model that came with our camper. We were pleasantly surprised when we took delivery because that was not in the 2015 models we looked at. I will search around and try and find the information. I do not recall it being in the pile of literature with the camper.  It does open up to a bed too. One drawback is my feet do not touch the ground when I am seated leaning back. When you do open the bed it goes almost to the kitchen cabinet doors. That makes for a touch trip to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
2016 LL 21 RBS
2016 LL 16 TBS (Sold)
QS 6.0 (Sold)
Easton, PA

Merlin

Thanks! There will be a sticker on it somewhere with the manufacturer and model and hopefully a number. I know about my feet not hitting the floor thing. That has a lot to do with the fact the slide is on a platform a few inches off the floor itself. From it's looks, I would guess it might be fairly comfortable to sit on. We don't use our sofa as a bed, so the bed aspect/size is not relevant to us. I'll bet it's made by Lippert and may be part of the Thomas Payne Collection (?), but I'd like to know which one.
Michigan

Chappy133

:( Merlin we checked the sofa over and could not find a tag on it anywhere including those that you cannot remove under the penalty of the law.
2016 LL 21 RBS
2016 LL 16 TBS (Sold)
QS 6.0 (Sold)
Easton, PA

Merlin

Well, thanks for trying. I may try to match it on the Lippert site using the photo you posted. The problem is finding one that's comfortable that fits in the TBS slide. This summer at MWP, I might sneak in your camper and take the sofa apart to steal it.
Michigan

Chappy133

2016 LL 21 RBS
2016 LL 16 TBS (Sold)
QS 6.0 (Sold)
Easton, PA

mojospeople

Our 16 TBS has the same sofa and seems to be super comfortable. I doubt we'll ever use it folded out but you never know.

livinthegoodlife

Very nice looking sofa!  I am interested also!
LG

Chappy133

Modification #2 to the table. Replaced the stock table with pine.  A simple do it yourself project from Home Depot. 
2016 LL 21 RBS
2016 LL 16 TBS (Sold)
QS 6.0 (Sold)
Easton, PA