16 DBS Lower Front Corner Slideout Leak

Started by GoElectric, February 20, 2023, 04:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoElectric

We are having a significant leak when it rains with the slideout out but not when it is in while traveling. I have examined very closely and don't see a gap or hole, but fills up a small tub quickly. I stuff a plastic store bag in the corner and it stops it, but I'm afraid of forgetting and closing it with the bag in there.  Anybody else experiencing this leak? Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.  John 10:10

Merlin

Sometimes you can find leaks with a powerful flashlight at night. Have a person with the light either inside or outside and another person the other side looking.

Also, it might be leaking somewhere else and showing up where the water can find its way in.

Also again, I've found some of the slide seals are not flipping over completely when they should as the slide moves. The folds in the seals can then leak. The solution seems to be a good cleaning and conditioning of the seals.
Michigan

GoElectric

Merlin, your suggestion worked! I went out on the dark night on the last day of our camping trip and spotted a narrow band of light about 6" long where the bottom seal does not touch the metal outside floor of the slideout.  I'm going to try cleaning and conditioning the seal first, but will probably have to figure out a way to extend it a little.  Thanks!
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.  John 10:10